Cracking' down on 108s

Started by RiverAux, January 11, 2008, 11:20:50 PM

RiverAux

The new CAPR 173-3 has this:
QuoteNote: If the WMIRS Form 108 was generated more than 45 days after the close of the mission, the 108 will be held at NHQ until December of the next fiscal year. If funds from the previous fiscal year become available in December of the next fiscal year, the wings/regions will be paid a prorated share of the funds that are available. (Example: a mission reimbursement request from September 2007 that did not meet the 45 day deadline would be considered for payment in December 2007.)
Now, that will be a real incentive for Wings to get that paperwork completed early.  If they don't, they might not get reimbursed at all. 

SJFedor

That definitely has the potential to screw the individual members more then the Wing.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Eclipse

No, it has the potential to incentivize members to get off their FPOC's and file the form or eat the expense (this includes yours truly).

In my wing, notice of the 108 itself is due the same day, and the form must be submitted within 24 hours or you are SOL.  Wing prefers scanned .pdf's via email.

This is because the IC's have to get things reviewed and in turn to the USAF, etc.

I've found when I do my stuff timely, the checks come timely. This is in contrast to years past when all I heard from members was the hundreds of dollars owed to them for mission work, only to find a 108 was never filed or filed months after the mission.

If you consider the 108 the last thing you do before you stand down, this is not a big deal.

"That Others May Zoom"

BlackKnight

Filling out that 108 usually isn't at the top of my list when I stumble back home after midnight at the end of a 3-day SAREX and I have to be at work at 0700 the next day.  As the fictional Jason Bourne says: "Rest is a Weapon".   ;D
Phil Boylan, Maj, CAP
DCS, Rome Composite Sqdn - GA043
http://www.romecap.org/

RiverAux

Wing doesn't have to wait to be reimbused by national before reimbursing members who have turned in claims. I know that I've gotten money from Wing wel before we received the national reimbursement. 

Eclipse

Quote from: BlackKnight on January 11, 2008, 11:53:56 PM
Filling out that 108 usually isn't at the top of my list when I stumble back home after midnight at the end of a 3-day SAREX and I have to be at work at 0700 the next day.  As the fictional Jason Bourne says: "Rest is a Weapon".   ;D

I agree, but its part of the game - at least here all you have to do same-day is let them know you're doing one, then get it in the next day.

Quote from: RiverAux on January 12, 2008, 01:00:26 AM
Wing doesn't have to wait to be reimbursed by national before reimbursing members who have turned in claims. I know that I've gotten money from Wing well before we received the national reimbursement. 

True, but you still have to file something to get your gas and battery money.  My wing is pretty good about turning these checks around.

"That Others May Zoom"