Main Menu

IO and MSA

Started by cnitas, January 11, 2008, 01:30:09 AM

cnitas

Ok folks, I will try not to be so controversial with this post.

Recently it came to my attention that the SQTR for IO does not match the sqtr worksheet in ops quals. 

Specifically, IO requires MSA on the sqtr worksheet, but it is not required on the actual SQTR (in task guide dated 11 April 05)

After some further research I found that the 60-3 (26 May 04) states that MSA is required.

So, which is it? Is MSA required for IO?
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Eclipse

Yes, MSA is required - this is a recent change.

"That Others May Zoom"

cnitas

What is recent?  The requirement was listed in 2004's 60-3. 
Is the 2005 SQTR eliminating the requirement the recent change?
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Eclipse

The missing requirement on the hardcopy SQTR is an omission or a failure to update the SQTR.

MSA as a prerequisite to IO is listed clearly as a task on both the WMU and eServices.

"That Others May Zoom"

SJFedor

Forms are not regulatory, Regulations are. Simple as that.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

_

Ok, something funky is going on here.  As of October, in the ops qual area, the online SQTR didn't have MSA as a prerequisite for LO or IO.  I am not a MSA.  I got commander approval to proceed to work on the advanced tasks for LO and IO.  Not too long later they changed the online SQTR to reflect MSA as a prereq meaning I lost trainee status in those areas.  I just checked e-services again and my trainee statuses, as reflected on my 101 card, are back.  Looking at the task entry area it still shows MSA as a prereq, and does not show I have completed it. 

ammotrucker

According to NIMS you need:

Liaison Officer - Prerequisites
Must Complete 2 Task(s)
GES - General Emergency Services 

MSA - Mission Staff Assistant 

Age eligibility check (enter current date)   

RG Little, Capt

Eclipse

Quote from: Bayhawk21 on January 11, 2008, 08:29:05 AM
Ok, something funky is going on here.  As of October, in the ops qual area, the online SQTR didn't have MSA as a prerequisite for LO or IO.  I am not a MSA.  I got commander approval to proceed to work on the advanced tasks for LO and IO.  Not too long later they changed the online SQTR to reflect MSA as a prereq meaning I lost trainee status in those areas.  I just checked e-services again and my trainee statuses, as reflected on my 101 card, are back.  Looking at the task entry area it still shows MSA as a prereq, and does not show I have completed it. 

You're not the only one, I've had a few locals with the same issue.
Its just a symptom of adding requirements mid-stream.

"That Others May Zoom"