Planner Data

Started by IceNine, December 23, 2007, 03:40:58 PM

IceNine

Hello all,
  I am working on creating a planner training/refresher course.  And I am looking for some examples of what actual intel we could get would look like.  Anything that has come in useful in the past to you would be Greatly appreciated.  Please note I am only looking for examples or De-personalized information.

For the most part I am looking for what a specific report will look like.  For instance I know what my cell phone record looks like but what information is listed on, and taken off of a report from the cell phone companies?

Does anyone have any of the powerpoint's that the Gent from the FAA creates for us?

Also if anyone has any examples of what the cell phone and charge card data looks like when reported from the companies?

I am also looking for any scenarios that have been created in the past.  I will make sure that anyone providing information is duely cited in the information I give the students.

Thanks all,
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Ranger75

IceNine  --  While assigned to a squadron, I took on the additional duty of assisting the Wing A3 staff in scenario and plan/order development for wing-wide SAREXs.  This last September, MDWG conducted a joint disaster relief/SAREX with WVWG.  Attached is the train of warning orders, operation order, and fragmentary orders I drafted to support the operation.  To develop the scenario, I fell back on historical data from the National Hurricane Center to recreate Hurricane/Tropical Storm Isabel.  Using data from a past event introduced a degree of reality to the evolving situation.  I hope this is of assistance.  --  Regards

Ranger75

Attached is the 2d series of operational directives

RiverAux

I recommend using some very vague targeting information for damage assessment photos that tests the planners ability to research the targets.  For example, say you get a request from Smithton to take photos of the Smithton Elementary School.  Thats it.  No street address, no coordinates.  It would be up the planner to use various sources to get what they need for the pilots.  For example, use the internet to find the address for the school, then use googleearth or something else to plug the address into so that you can come up with some estimated geographic coordinates for the pilots. 

Or, say you get coordiantes that aren't of direct use in CAP planes.  Say, you get UTM coordinates and have to convert them into degrees minutes & hundredths of a minute for the plane (41 degrees, 15.16 minutes). 

These are very realistic scenarios from my experience. 

IceNine

This is great so far...

Thanks
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4