Main Menu

Badge pics

Started by Flying Pig, October 31, 2007, 10:01:03 PM

Stonewall

Quote from: lasupplyguy on November 07, 2007, 07:56:46 PM
Here's mine.

(Please feel free to fix so image appears at post opening. Thanks!)

That's a badge?
Serving since 1987.

Laplace

Quote from: Stonewall on November 07, 2007, 07:58:26 PM
Quote from: lasupplyguy on November 07, 2007, 07:56:46 PM
Here's mine.

(Please feel free to fix so image appears at post opening. Thanks!)

That's a badge?

Yes!  We wear it clipped to our belt or on neck chain.

Our State Police wear the same type badge on their uniforms.  Several other states have badges that are in the shape of the state - I think Alabama.

I gotten compliments at conferences/schools.  It is unique.

stillamarine

It's also illegal for Security to have badges in LA in the shape of LA.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Laplace

Quote from: stillamarine on November 07, 2007, 08:54:30 PM

??? I guess so.....   not sure as I'm a commissioned state law enforcement officer.

stillamarine

Quote from: lasupplyguy on November 07, 2007, 10:08:56 PM

??? I guess so.....   not sure as I'm a commissioned state law enforcement officer.

orry never meant to insue that you weren't. I work as an operations manager for a contract security company and that's one of the odd little facts about the industry that is cramed in my head. Conneticut is worse. Contract Security Officers are required to have a square style badge.  :-X When I get to the house I'll post a pic of my badges and what the CT one looks like.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Laplace

Quote from: stillamarine on November 07, 2007, 10:49:30 PM
Quote from: lasupplyguy on November 07, 2007, 10:08:56 PM

orry never meant to insue that you weren't. I work as an operations manager for a contract security company and that's one of the odd little facts about the industry that is cramed in my head. Conneticut is worse. Contract Security Officers are required to have a square style badge.  :-X When I get to the house I'll post a pic of my badges and what the CT one looks like.

That's OK. :)    You're right, the "state shaped" badge is restricted by state law to only a few state agencies.  I've seen some security badges here that look identical to the typical city police shields complete with the state seal in the middle.

Look forward to seeing your badge.

Interesting change of pace topic!

Major Lord

My semi-official hired thug badge while working in LA for FEMA.

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Major Lord

I had these badges made in China for a Mid-western SAR group. To get the costs low, I produced a large run and sold them to other SAR groups as generic SAR badges. In fact, I placed an ad in the CAP CAWG magazine. Two days letter, they wrote a "no stinkin' badge" policy letter. The letter was written in such a way as to forbid police from carrying their agency badges on duty. Fortunately, all policy letters, like old fish, expire! One of my friends told me he saw security guards at a heavy metal concert wearing these on belt clips!

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Laplace

Quote from: Major Lord on November 07, 2007, 11:22:38 PM
My semi-official hired thug badge while working in LA for FEMA.

Major Lord

Where were you located during your time down here?

Major Lord

Todd,

Right after the first Hurricane, I went to Houston to handle Astrodome problems. When we were done, we went to Florida to suppress snipers shooting at bridge workers. Not much happening there. Right after Katrina came in and went out, I went to Baton Rouge, slept on floors, dirt, camps and a cheapie refugee hotel. When the  water receded a bit, my partner and I recon'd as far down as plaquemines parish to see if it would be safe for FEMA contractors to come in and start planning and placing temporary housing. We slept where we could, ate what we could get (Lots of MRE's ) and generally had a swell time. ( I was athe executive officer/medic) When civilization came back on line a bit, we found a nice hotel in downtown New Orleans, and acted as bodyguards for FEMA people and contractors, primarily on the West Bank, and the 9th Ward ( A true Garden Spot, right up there with the black hole of Calcutta) There was actually a lot less crime around than normal. Most of the evil-doers went to Houston, where the climate was better.

When New Orleans became America again, it was great! I loved it there! (sure people shot at us occasionally, but it was all in good southern fun!)  I started gaining back the weight I lost from eating MRE's by eating crawfish etoufee' and generally had a great time. I was deployed about 9 months on that assignment. Unfortunately I picked up a bacterial infection that I am still recovering from. (don't drink the water....)

I would love to go back someday, and see the progress.

Major Lord

Laplace

Sounds like you have many more war stories than me.  I spent most of the Katrina time at the temporary prison converted out of the Greyhound/Amtrack station by the Superdome providing perimeter security.

Thanks for your help down here!

Major Lord

Todd, one of these days we will have to put together a reunion for Katrina responders....but we have to wait for the Statute of limitations to run on certain minor foibles....

Major Lord