How do you keep "News of the Force" in suspense ... ???

Started by Chaplaindon, October 01, 2007, 11:33:03 PM

Chaplaindon

Rev. Don Brown, Ch., Lt Col, CAP (Ret.)
Former Deputy Director for CISM at CAP/HQ
Gill Robb Wilson Award # 1660
ACS-Chaplain, VFC, IPFC, DSO, NSO, USCG Auxiliary
AUXOP

Skyray

Say, Chaplin Don, did you know that News of the Force editor Skip Munger used to be the Florida Wing Administrator?  And did you know that he had a falling out with Pineda when Pineda tried to get him to forge documents in a cadet sexual abuse scandal and he refused.  Pineda managed to get it shut up, but there are lots of us still here who remember it well.  Cheating on Air Force tests is not the first indication that Pineda lacks integrity.  It is just the first one that he hasn't been able to cover up by getting rid of the witnesses.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

ddelaney103

Quote from: Skyray on October 01, 2007, 11:59:31 PM
Say, Chaplin Don, did you know that News of the Force editor Skip Munger used to be the Florida Wing Administrator?  And did you know that he had a falling out with Pineda when Pineda tried to get him to forge documents in a cadet sexual abuse scandal and he refused.  Pineda managed to get it shut up, but there are lots of us still here who remember it well.  Cheating on Air Force tests is not the first indication that Pineda lacks integrity.  It is just the first one that he hasn't been able to cover up by getting rid of the witnesses.

30 minutes...you're getting slow.

Could you just change your sig line to "Pineda delenda est" and be done with it?

RAZOR

Most Chaplains I know would not engage in this type of behavior but rather offer comfort and reassurance to the flock through scripture and prayer. While it is true CAP is in turmoil and hurting, who isn't. The good book says "Obey the Laws of the land" , Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" Invite your enemies to your table and be kind and feed them for it is like pouring hot coals on their head". If this man has done all that has been talked about here and other forums and it is proved then he will be punished. "You Reap what you sew.  :angel:

Skyray

Chaplain Don is a chaplain in the style of Friar Tuck.  He lifts up his skirts, grabs his quarter staff and joins the fray.  I like that in a chaplain.  We had one down here a few years back who was director of operations.
Doug Johnson - Miami

SarDragon

Quote from: RAZOR on October 02, 2007, 12:56:03 AM"You Reap what you sew. 

Is that by hand or machine? Which brand - Singer, Brother, Viking, Pfaff, or White?

Oh, you meant "sow".   Oops.   :D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ddelaney103

Quote from: RAZOR on October 02, 2007, 12:56:03 AM
Most Chaplains I know would not engage in this type of behavior but rather offer comfort and reassurance to the flock through scripture and prayer. While it is true CAP is in turmoil and hurting, who isn't. The good book says "Obey the Laws of the land" , Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" Invite your enemies to your table and be kind and feed them for it is like pouring hot coals on their head". If this man has done all that has been talked about here and other forums and it is proved then he will be punished. "You Reap what you sew.  :angel:

Wow, what a "fractured Sunday School" lesson.

That means I shouldn't be kind to my enemies - because I certainly wouldn't want that "hot coals poured on my head" done unto me.

Chaplaindon

"Chaplain Don is a chaplain in the style of Friar Tuck."

What a coincidence, "Friar Tuck" is the brand of black (dog collar) clergy shirts I wear.

Unfortunately, though, no Op's officer here, just a former DOS and current IC.
AUXOP

Skyray

Hey. an IC is plenty good enough, How are you with a quarter staff?
Doug Johnson - Miami

Chaplaindon

AUXOP

Skyray

Doug Johnson - Miami

Chaplaindon

AUXOP

Skyray

Now that you mention it, Bac Si Kach has been strangely silent.  I hope he is getting a good rest for when the fray starts afresh.
Doug Johnson - Miami

JohnKachenmeister

Bac Si Kach is keeping a VERY low profile since somebody bandied my name about as a Florida Wing Commander!
Another former CAP officer

JohnKachenmeister

In the Army we would call it "Turret-down defilade," but my periscope is still up!

Skyray

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on October 02, 2007, 02:04:21 AM
Bac Si Kach is keeping a VERY low profile since somebody bandied my name about as a Florida Wing Commander!

I think Colonel Rushing is taking applications.  I will urge him to make them signed applications so someone doesn't apply for you.
Doug Johnson - Miami

JohnKachenmeister

I'm not too worried... hardly anybody can spell my name.  Plus, even my wife can't figure out my military background, since I've worn the uniform of every branch except the Coast Guard (so far).

BillB

Smiling Kach's application for FLWG CC was placed in the mail today. All it does is use his web page for a reference (with the friends photos from that web page, how can he lose? Oh darn, I put a 39 cent stamp on it instead of 41 so I guess it won't get the Region.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Chaplaindon

He'd have my vote ... mind you, Kach seems to have way too much common sense to volunteer for such an assignment.

That having been said, how come common sense is increasingly un-common in our world today?

How high is up?

What makes Teflon stick to the pan ... ???

My brain hurts.
AUXOP

ZigZag911

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on October 02, 2007, 02:04:21 AM

Chicken!!!