Vanguard complaint

Started by RiverAux, September 22, 2007, 05:11:26 PM

afgeo4

Quote from: isuhawkeye on October 27, 2007, 11:56:12 AM
During the whole gore tex slide issue, I got to know one of the supervisors there.  I make a habit of talking directly to him.  Just prior to my wedding I ordered a set of miniature medals for my mess dress.  They busted their buts to get that one done.  I received the order on Thursday and everything was as I ordered it. 

BTW... the goretex slide issue... it's still there. They don't have any left and don't know when they will.

This winter I will be out of uniform for the first time in my 5 years as an officer in the Civil Air Patrol. I do not have the gore-tex tab and I do not have the new CAP shield flight suit patch. Why? Because Vanguard doesn't and neither do any other vendors. I pride on being in proper uniform EVERY meeting. This ticks me off. I know it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I'm a Recruiter and PDO and I'd like for our new officers and cadets to be a proper example of how to "dress for success".
GEORGE LURYE

RogueLeader

Quote from: afgeo4 on November 03, 2007, 04:48:57 PM
Quote from: isuhawkeye on October 27, 2007, 11:56:12 AM
During the whole gore tex slide issue, I got to know one of the supervisors there.  I make a habit of talking directly to him.  Just prior to my wedding I ordered a set of miniature medals for my mess dress.  They busted their buts to get that one done.  I received the order on Thursday and everything was as I ordered it. 

BTW... the goretex slide issue... it's still there. They don't have any left and don't know when they will.

This winter I will be out of uniform for the first time in my 5 years as an officer in the Civil Air Patrol. I do not have the gore-tex tab and I do not have the new CAP shield flight suit patch. Why? Because Vanguard doesn't and neither do any other vendors. I pride on being in proper uniform EVERY meeting. This ticks me off. I know it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I'm a Recruiter and PDO and I'd like for our new officers and cadets to be a proper example of how to "dress for success".

I hear ya,  I'm the PDO as well as five other jobs, but thats why I wear BDU's and a M-65 Feild Jacket
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

jimmydeanno

Quote from: afgeo4 on November 03, 2007, 04:48:57 PM

I ordered a bunch of stuff for my next promotion in 4 months on November 9th:

Gortex Slide
Flight Suit Grade Insignia
Cloth Grade Insignia
Velcro Grey Epaulet Sleeves
Grey Epaulet Sleeves
Tie Tack

I also ordered a gortex grade slide for my parka to last for the winter (my current grade).  I received all of the above - exept the grade slide I'd need now.  They said it was backordered - I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited for it to come in.  I just called them today to find out when it's coming (I really hate being out of uniform).  The really nice lady at the other end of the phone looked up my order ricky-tick.  "Oh, I need to send that to you, we've had them for a few weeks..."

Aaarrrg...!
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

jimmydeanno

Just called again today because I haven't recieved my grade slides that they supposedly shipped on the 3rd...

"Oh, hi sir, we shipped these out yesterday.  Is there anything else I can help you with?"

I am really frustrated.  Not so much because they had something on backorder, but because you get the run around.  JUST TELL ME THE TRUTH, that is all I ask.  If you say you're going to ship something today, ship it today, not two weeks later!

I need to stop giving the benefit of the doubt, here I though they shipped 32nd class...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

RogueLeader

I believe that they know when you are about to crawl through the phone line, and strangle them; then ship right before then.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

mikeylikey

^ LMAO   :D

That will get me to sleep tonight happy, thank you!
What's up monkeys?

SJFedor

Quote from: jimmydeanno on December 17, 2007, 08:47:55 PM
"Oh, hi sir, we shipped these out yesterday.  Is there anything else I can help you with?"

You know, while they're saying that to you, they're writing on a post-it to the person next to them saying "Crap, we dropped the ball again, go run downstairs and get this out now!"

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Cecil DP

Business's have to learn that customer service is essential. I will pay a little more if I feel that the item I ordered will come as and when ordered. As compared with those that make a commitment and don't follow through.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

davedove

Quote from: Cecil DP on December 18, 2007, 04:55:20 PM
Business's have to learn that customer service is essential. I will pay a little more if I feel that the item I ordered will come as and when ordered. As compared with those that make a commitment and don't follow through.

"Under promise and over deliver"
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

star1151

Quote from: SJFedor on December 18, 2007, 04:05:28 AM

You know, while they're saying that to you, they're writing on a post-it to the person next to them saying "Crap, we dropped the ball again, go run downstairs and get this out now!"

They're not writing on a post-it, they're saying it verbally.  That's right, I called once and actually heard him whisper to someone else, "Hey, can you go check on order XXXX and see if it shipped yet?"

jimmydeanno

Just called again today because I haven't recieved my grade slides that they supposedly shipped on the 3rd...

I am really frustrated.  Not so much because they had something on backorder, but because you get the run around.  JUST TELL ME THE TRUTH, that is all I ask.  If you say you're going to ship something today, ship it today, not two weeks later!

I need to stop giving the benefit of the doubt, here I though they shipped 32nd class...

Well, I got my grade slides last night.  They're correct, however, they don't make them very well.  Does anyone know why they're 3 inches wide when the tab on the parka is half that?  Looks like I'll have to do some modification.

I was actually pleased to see that there was a survey enclosed to "comment" about my experience.  It's already in the mail (see how that is done Vanguard, it's shipped in under 12 hours).

oak2007

Hi
I was in the market for a new AF blue shirt. The Hock shop sells this shirt for around $20.00. Vanguard sells the same shirt for $ 40.00.  You can purchase this shirt a any AF Base Exchange for around $ 13.00.... You decide

SarDragon

Quote from: oak2007 on January 31, 2008, 04:02:07 AM
Hi
I was in the market for a new AF blue shirt. The Hock shop sells this shirt for around $20.00. Vanguard sells the same shirt for $ 40.00.  You can purchase this shirt a any AF Base Exchange for around $ 13.00.... You decide

Is the base exchange shirt a "yellow tag", or a brand equivalent to the Vanguard item? There can be a big difference in quality.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on January 31, 2008, 04:31:27 AM
Quote from: oak2007 on January 31, 2008, 04:02:07 AM
Hi

Is the base exchange shirt a "yellow tag", or a brand equivalent to the Vanguard item? There can be a big difference in quality.

The "issue" shirt is $11.95 and the poly-wool shirts are $34.95 at the MCSS.
And I can't really think of a reason why a cadet needs anything better then the issue shirt for normal cadet stuff.

Del Herwat

I tried to buy the US flag patches for my flightsuit from Vanguard, unfortunately they were the wrong size when they arrived.  I sent them an email telling them about the problem, quoting the proper size from 39-1, and suggesting that they include the size information in their description of the item.  I did receive a message back from them saying they would look into it, however I cannot tell from their website if they have corrected the problem or not.
Del Herwat
MI-655

RiverAux

Join the CG Aux and get your AF light blue shirts for $11.95

MIKE

Word.  Wonders if UDC will start stocking the tapered ones somebody mentioned.
Mike Johnston

alamrcn

Just a call from Vangard his morning...
...about a backorder item I ordered in early Spring 2007!
...and canceled Fall 2007!

I guess the ARCHER patches are back in stock now if I still want them. What a bunch of dip schmidts.

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

pixelwonk

I've placed and received a few small orders that have been without issue.  I've never been in the same camp of those who were just chomping at the bit to pick on Vanguard.  And even when I had my doubts, I still like to think that I've praised them for what they done good and was at least understanding not real critical about what wasn't.  But after this transaction that has lasted months, I am now just another tree whose roots are planted firmly in a dark forest teeming with hatred for this company.  This week I talked to a V rep who simply refused to believe she handled my issue before, one that had originated from Sept of last year.  This was the third time I've had to call.

Quote from: my conversation with "Lola at ext 319"Me: hello, this is [me.]  I'm calling to inquire about when I will receive my refund from the merchandise I was authorized to return last October.

She:  what was the item?
Me: The blue CAP utility suit, number yadda yadda yaddawhatever.

She: Who did you speak with that authorized the return?
Me: you did.
She: No, it wasn't me.
Me: Well, that's true I guess.  You were supposed to call me back, as well as email the return auth that day, but didn't.  After a few days, I emailed Beth Maul and complained. It was only then that you followed through.

She: that was someone else.
Me: You are Lola at extension 319, correct? (I said it like three-nineteen)
She: No, my extension is 319 (spoken as three, one, nine)
Me: oh. sorry. Well, will you help me then?  (trying to suppress a snort)
She: I'll have to go see if we received it and call you back.

And so it went again.  Refusing to be the Charlie Brown to her Lucy and football, I had explained to her that if there was a return call to be made again, I wished it from the supervisor, whom I eventually did hear from.
I finally received the refund.  3 months after returning the item.
WTH?

Vanguard = the stuff scathing web comics are made of.

*Names and extensions changed to protect the dim-witted and unhelpful.

SSgt Rudin

I'm at FLWG conference, vanguard didn't bring enough of anything, most of the cadet grade insignia have already sold out, and they were only open a few hours last night.They didn't bring any IT badges, and only 10 of every other one. They brought 10 of each ribbon and only like 5 of each clasp. However they did make sure to bring plenty of SWAG(key chains, ball caps, pen holders, etc).
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP