Vanguard CAP Sword (pictures)

Started by JC004, August 29, 2007, 06:09:31 PM

JC004

LtCol White

Hmmm....i figured a CAP sword would look like a big butter knife.  >:D
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

afgeo4

I think it's great! Would make ceremonies of firing wing commanders more official and umm... final.
GEORGE LURYE

MIKE

Quote from: LtCol White on August 29, 2007, 06:14:49 PM
Hmmm....i figured a CAP sword would look like a big butter knife.  >:D

It is a big butter knife.
Mike Johnston

afgeo4

CAP Sword... also known as the new CAPF-2b
GEORGE LURYE

JC004

They carry these in the Black Van.

MIKE

The black van cracks are getting really old.
Mike Johnston

afgeo4

There is no black van.  >:D

So is this thing officially called Civil Air Patrol Sword or Civil Air Patrol Saber?
GEORGE LURYE

LtCol White

Was this on the vanguard site? I Looked and didnt see it anywhere
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

JC004

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 29, 2007, 06:22:32 PM
There is no black van.  >:D

So is this thing officially called Civil Air Patrol Sword or Civil Air Patrol Saber?

Sword. 

Quote from: LtCol White on August 29, 2007, 06:22:50 PM
Was this on the vanguard site? I Looked and didnt see it anywhere

It isn't on the web site.  I had to beg for the picture.

LtCol White

So they sell them but they arent on the website?? And what was the price of this little gem?
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

capchiro

We saw it at the National Conference in the Vanguard room.  It is actually nice looking and compares to the other branches sabres.  My son decided he wants one and I promised him I would buy him one when he earns his C/Col. rank.  His older brother has one from the AFA class of 91.  Possible motivation??  Price was $300.00, IIRC..  
Lt. Col. Harry E. Siegrist III, CAP
Commander
Sweetwater Comp. Sqdn.
GA154

RogueLeader

The sword looks very cool, not to mention nice looking.  It would be a great show piece.  That just got put ahead of Storm Trooper Armor on my wish list.

Yes I have a wish list, and yes Storm Trooper Armor is on there.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

LtCol White

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Stonewall

I bet, after this thread, the sales of the CAP Sword will increase ten-fold.  Lots of people make fun overtly, but inside, they're looking at their check book to see if they can afford it.

The first time I see a CAP Officer carrying around a CAP sword, I'll turn in my 2A for retirement.
Serving since 1987.

afgeo4

Hmm that's mighty tempting... I think the sword would be excellent for Honor Guard duties and weddings. Perhaps we should have them around to issue to cadet officers in Honor Guard for ceremonies (with proper training from Honor Guard Academy of course).
GEORGE LURYE

JC004

Quote from: Stonewall on August 29, 2007, 06:40:07 PM
I bet, after this thread, the sales of the CAP Sword will increase ten-fold.  Lots of people make fun overtly, but inside, they're looking at their check book to see if they can afford it.

The first time I see a CAP Officer carrying around a CAP sword, I'll turn in my 2A for retirement.

What if I'm just carrying it around because I use it to keep people awake in classes?  I won't wear it, I promise.

And yes, $300.  They will add up to 18 characters to it for an additional $20.  Why they wouldn't put such a pricey item on the web site, I have no idea.   :-\

RogueLeader

Care to come to OK?   ;D

I'll have your 2B 2A ready. . .
JK
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

afgeo4

Quote from: RogueLeader on August 29, 2007, 06:51:14 PM

Care to come to OK?   ;D

I'll have your 2B 2A ready. . .
JK
Are you near Ft. Sill? Cause I'm sending a henchman in October for FA OBC.
GEORGE LURYE

sandman

I gotta get me one of these, it'll look great in my retirement shadowbox someday!

Nice...... ;D

(...funny though, I thought it would be made of maroon nerf foam...... ;))
MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol
Major, 163rd ATKW Support, Joint Medical Command