eClipse Drinks the Kool-Aid, Launches UAV!!!

Started by Eclipse, May 21, 2020, 11:33:16 PM

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

GZCP31

Hope it was not a corporate one  ::)
What brand and model was this? I want to know because the "Kite eating Tree" has expanded it's diet.
Former OK Wing DCL/DCA Mid 90s, Rejoined after 17 years out.
Capt. Communications-Master
Squadron Deputy Commander, Emergency Services Training Officer,  Professional Development Officer,  Administration Officer, Personnel Officer, Communications Officer and Aerospace Education Officer, Texas Wing DOU

Eclipse

It's a Sky Viper 2450 HD/FPV

I got it on a lark like 2+ years ago for about 1/2 price when Toys R Us went out of business.
At that time I got it all set up, goggles included, and promptly flew it directly into my face.

It's been on the shelf since, but my boredom level hit "Drone" today, so I dug it out.

I got it trimmed up pretty well, and the winds are pretty dead today, however apparently
this particular model tends to over fly its controls, and I think that's what happened.

I fished it down and will probably play with it more tonight when I can see the pretty lights.

https://support.skyrocketon.com/hc/en-us/sections/115002383027-STREAMING-VIDEO-DRONE-V2400HD-FPV

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

etodd

If you can master flying that one, you can fly anything. You'll be three steps ahead.  Then fly a DJI and you'll think its too easy, since the DJI practically flies itself.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

JohhnyD

What's next, a Facebook page? A twitter handle? Yikes!

Capt Thompson

Most drones will take very wide corners, think of a car drifting vs a plane banking into a tight turn. If you want tighter turns, try using both sticks to turn, rather than keeping the right stick in the forward position. It will still drift a little but the turn will be much tighter and you will be less likely to overfly the turn into a tree.
Capt Matt Thompson
Deputy Commander for Cadets, Historian, Public Affairs Officer

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 1 OCT 00 (#11401)