April 06, 2020, 12:28:52 pm

NHQ makes prudent decision regarding C19

Started by Eclipse, March 14, 2020, 08:07:51 pm

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

NEBoom

Quote from: PHall on March 16, 2020, 02:34:32 am
Quote from: NEBoom on March 16, 2020, 02:10:52 am
Quote from: Eclipse on March 14, 2020, 08:07:51 pm***************************************************************************

MEMORANDUM FOR ALL CAP UNIT COMMANDERS FROM: CAP/CC

SUBJECT: Interim Change Letter - CAPR 60-1, Cadet Program Management

ICL 20-02 13 March 2020

To allow local leaders maximum flexibility during the current health emergency, and to help protect our most important resource - our members - CAPR 60-1, paragraph 4.3 (Cadet Activities) is temporarily suspended.

That section establishes requirements for weekly cadet squadron meetings, monthly "Saturday" activities, and wing cadet activities once per quarter.

All requirements in section 4.3 are hereby temporarily suspended until further notice. We intend to reinstate section 4.3 when the Coronavirus risk subsides.

Commanders should explore the possibility of streaming cadet program curricula in lieu of meetings and encourage cadets to continue in their on-line testing.

Please monitor the CAP home page, GoCivilAirPatrol.com, for CAP's latest guidance related to the Coronavirus and follow the guidance of your local public health officials.


Has this ICL been published anywhere?  I checked the usual spots but did not find it.  Would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Keep washing those hands!


Top of the National Headquarters webpage (gocivilairpatrol.com) in about 30 point type.
Which links to this:

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/COVID19_CAP_CC_Memo_14_March_2020_54196E635F06C.pdf

Which is not what I'm trying to find.

Lt Col Dan Kirwan, CAP
Nebraska Wing

Eclipse

March 16, 2020, 02:56:43 am #21 Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 03:01:49 am by Eclipse
Quote from: etodd on March 16, 2020, 02:36:50 amCould be a good thing for everyone. Sit CAP aside awhile and enjoy the other parts of our lives a bit. A breather. As a volunteer, part time activity, that usually takes up too much time, a vacation might be beneficial to us all. Some Cadets might not believe it, but there truly is life outside of CAP. 😀

Do you have any idea how condescending this sounds considering the monumental task it is to restart an
enterprise the size of CAP, not to mention the major activities and opportunities that have already been
cancelled or will be missed by cadets who only have one shot at it because of timing?

This doesn't end in May, even if the C19 crisis does.  It will ripple well into next year as
venues are lost due to conflicts of re-scheduled events, cadets haven't met a mandate they need(ed)
for a later activity or promotion, and any number of members walk away out of frustration.

And that doesn't even account for the likely thousands, if not tens of thousands, of dollars
at risk with venue deposits, travel expenses, award items that may be unusable, etc.

This is many things, but its not a "good thing" for anyone.



Fester

Quote from: GaryVC on March 15, 2020, 09:46:14 pmI am concerned about the cadet program as nearly everything in phase I and II except the open book tests is based on face to face meetings. I hope that NHQ will come up with an alternative to the character development instruction which has been very interactive recently (normally a good thing). I am especially concerned about the drill tests which will not really be possible over the internet.

My squadron will be conducting Character Development forums via teleconferencing.  I've seen this concern several times and I don't understand it.  Our Wing is also offering CD Forums via teleconferencing for all units in the Wing.

My goal is to find a way to make a drill test work over the internet when the need arises.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

Professor Safety & Emergency Services

I think the ROI of focusing on the Safety of their members is the best decision. I would hate to think I would have to explain how a member was impacted by another member of visitor. It would be better to explain that we stood-down as a precaution then take the chance of someone getting sick and having to explain that to the family and or the media. The short term financial and membership risk would pale in comparison to the long term impact on the individuals and the organizations reputation as a whole. Give people a chance to focus on their safety and that of their family and the organization will benefit from that as a whole. I think it is a good from the NHQ perspective to do the stand-down.
Always seeking to learn.

THRAWN

Seems like a good time to review personnel files individually and by telecon.

Work on individual skills (i.e. facing movements, land nav, ground school, uniform maintenance).

Work on CBT/PD. Lots of CAP, NFA, FEMA, military courses that have applicability to CAP roles and missions.

Finally subscribe to and read back issues of Emerging Infectious Diseases magazine like I've been telling you to...
Strup
"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016

1st Lt Thompson

Quote from: Fester on March 16, 2020, 06:13:54 amMy goal is to find a way to make a drill test work over the internet when the need arises.

A stationary drill test could be done over Skype easily, just have them stand in front of the camera and perform the movements. Marching drill requiring a formation would have to be postponed I would think.
1st Lt Matt Thompson
Historian, Assistant PAO

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 22 MAY 01 (#11401)

Brit_in_CAP

Quote from: GaryVC on March 15, 2020, 09:46:14 pmI hope that NHQ will come up with an alternative to the character development instruction which has been very interactive recently (normally a good thing).


There is an online facility for Character that has been used in the past, and there is an effort underway to provide lessons more suited to that media.  CC / Chaplain / CDIs were notified earlier this month to not use the planned lesson online, with the intent of providing a Core Values review in its place.

Fester

Quote from: Brit_in_CAP on March 16, 2020, 12:58:59 pm
Quote from: GaryVC on March 15, 2020, 09:46:14 pmI hope that NHQ will come up with an alternative to the character development instruction which has been very interactive recently (normally a good thing).


There is an online facility for Character that has been used in the past, and there is an effort underway to provide lessons more suited to that media.  CC / Chaplain / CDIs were notified earlier this month to not use the planned lesson online, with the intent of providing a Core Values review in its place.

I have not seen this guidance.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

PHall

Quote from: NEBoom on March 16, 2020, 02:41:37 am
Quote from: PHall on March 16, 2020, 02:34:32 am
Quote from: NEBoom on March 16, 2020, 02:10:52 am
Quote from: Eclipse on March 14, 2020, 08:07:51 pm***************************************************************************

MEMORANDUM FOR ALL CAP UNIT COMMANDERS FROM: CAP/CC

SUBJECT: Interim Change Letter - CAPR 60-1, Cadet Program Management

ICL 20-02 13 March 2020

To allow local leaders maximum flexibility during the current health emergency, and to help protect our most important resource - our members - CAPR 60-1, paragraph 4.3 (Cadet Activities) is temporarily suspended.

That section establishes requirements for weekly cadet squadron meetings, monthly "Saturday" activities, and wing cadet activities once per quarter.

All requirements in section 4.3 are hereby temporarily suspended until further notice. We intend to reinstate section 4.3 when the Coronavirus risk subsides.

Commanders should explore the possibility of streaming cadet program curricula in lieu of meetings and encourage cadets to continue in their on-line testing.

Please monitor the CAP home page, GoCivilAirPatrol.com, for CAP's latest guidance related to the Coronavirus and follow the guidance of your local public health officials.


Has this ICL been published anywhere?  I checked the usual spots but did not find it.  Would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Keep washing those hands!


Top of the National Headquarters webpage (gocivilairpatrol.com) in about 30 point type.
Which links to this:

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/COVID19_CAP_CC_Memo_14_March_2020_54196E635F06C.pdf

Which is not what I'm trying to find.




The ICL to 60-1 is now posted to the ICL section of the National Headquarters webpage for your viewing pleasure.

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: PHall on March 17, 2020, 03:45:05 amThe ICL to 60-1 is now posted to the ICL section of the National Headquarters webpage for your viewing pleasure.

It's published on the copy of R60-1 on the Regulations page.

It does not easily pop up in a Google Search, but the 'current' copy of 60-1 is available which includes the ICL.

NEBoom

Quote from: PHall on March 17, 2020, 03:45:05 am
Quote from: NEBoom on March 16, 2020, 02:41:37 am
Quote from: PHall on March 16, 2020, 02:34:32 am
Quote from: NEBoom on March 16, 2020, 02:10:52 am
Quote from: Eclipse on March 14, 2020, 08:07:51 pm***************************************************************************

MEMORANDUM FOR ALL CAP UNIT COMMANDERS FROM: CAP/CC

SUBJECT: Interim Change Letter - CAPR 60-1, Cadet Program Management

ICL 20-02 13 March 2020

To allow local leaders maximum flexibility during the current health emergency, and to help protect our most important resource - our members - CAPR 60-1, paragraph 4.3 (Cadet Activities) is temporarily suspended.

That section establishes requirements for weekly cadet squadron meetings, monthly "Saturday" activities, and wing cadet activities once per quarter.

All requirements in section 4.3 are hereby temporarily suspended until further notice. We intend to reinstate section 4.3 when the Coronavirus risk subsides.

Commanders should explore the possibility of streaming cadet program curricula in lieu of meetings and encourage cadets to continue in their on-line testing.

Please monitor the CAP home page, GoCivilAirPatrol.com, for CAP's latest guidance related to the Coronavirus and follow the guidance of your local public health officials.


Has this ICL been published anywhere?  I checked the usual spots but did not find it.  Would appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.

Keep washing those hands!


Top of the National Headquarters webpage (gocivilairpatrol.com) in about 30 point type.
Which links to this:

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/COVID19_CAP_CC_Memo_14_March_2020_54196E635F06C.pdf

Which is not what I'm trying to find.




The ICL to 60-1 is now posted to the ICL section of the National Headquarters webpage for your viewing pleasure.

Yup, I saw it.  Thank you!
Lt Col Dan Kirwan, CAP
Nebraska Wing