March 31, 2020, 07:47:33 am

CAPR 39-1, 5 March 2020

Started by NIN, March 05, 2020, 08:39:44 pm

Jester

Quote from: Paul Creed III on March 23, 2020, 06:08:08 pm
Quote from: SARDOC on March 23, 2020, 04:31:04 pm
Quote from: 1st Lt Thompson on March 06, 2020, 05:29:44 pm
Quote from: DocJekyll on March 06, 2020, 05:25:37 pmOne thing I noticed,

There is reference to the "Blue" cloth name patch with silver border, badge and name, but it doesn't reference which type of blue as it does in other sections for name tapes etc. So, what shade is it? Midnight/Dark Navy? Bright Blue? The regulation would seem to show with the picture that it's Midnight/Dark Navy just like the rank, but I recently saw someone from national with a bright blue name patch wearing his FDU.

I would have liked for them to use rank on the USAF style FDU that was sage/od on the background with full color rank. The Midnight/Dark Navy doesn't look that good on the USAF style. Looks great on the Corporate FDU though. There was no guideance for the rank on the shoulders with the cloth. 1/8in blue around the widest and top/bottom edge as per everywhere else? I think that needs to be addressed so we don't have massive patches with 1" border around the rank.

Also appears no phase out for the black leather name patch so that's still good. Just the plastic encased rank?

No phase out for the leather name badge, but it also says that if the leather badge is worn, the plastic encased must be worn, so once the plastic encased rank goes away so do the leather badges.

Attachment 9 reports Leather nametag phase out date of 01AUG2021

Just checked Vanguard and I am not seeing the embroidered name patches or the grade insignia yet. 

I've been keeping an eye on it as well.  nametags4u.com produce military badges in CAP colors for ABU/BDU, but I don't know if they're able to put CAP badges on a Flight suit name patch or not. 

While I'm sure Vanguard is hit with the same slowdown as everything else right now, I'm sure if things had been coordinated correctly from the get-go the new stuff would be on the site the day the new reg went live.

Eclipse

March 23, 2020, 07:14:14 pm #101 Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 07:21:28 pm by Eclipse
Quote from: Jester on March 23, 2020, 06:47:00 pmI've been keeping an eye on it as well.  nametags4u.com produce military badges in CAP colors for ABU/BDU, but I don't know if they're able to put CAP badges on a Flight suit name patch or not.

They are not - They were C&D 10 years ago.

PHall

It's not like you have to be in any kind of a hurry. You still have 17 months.

THRAWN

Quote from: PHall on March 23, 2020, 08:45:25 pmIt's not like you have to be in any kind of a hurry. You still have 17 months.

The way things are going, maybe more....
Strup
"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016

1st Lt Thompson

Quote from: Paul Creed III on March 23, 2020, 06:08:08 pm
Quote from: SARDOC on March 23, 2020, 04:31:04 pm

There is reference to the "Blue" cloth name patch with silver border, badge and name, but it doesn't reference which type of blue as it does in other sections for name tapes etc. So, what shade is it? Midnight/Dark Navy? Bright Blue? The regulation would seem to show with the picture that it's Midnight/Dark Navy just like the rank, but I recently saw someone from national with a bright blue name patch wearing his FDU.

I would have liked for them to use rank on the USAF style FDU that was sage/od on the background with full color rank. The Midnight/Dark Navy doesn't look that good on the USAF style. Looks great on the Corporate FDU though. There was no guideance for the rank on the shoulders with the cloth. 1/8in blue around the widest and top/bottom edge as per everywhere else? I think that needs to be addressed so we don't have massive patches with 1" border around the rank.

Also appears no phase out for the black leather name patch so that's still good. Just the plastic encased rank?

No phase out for the leather name badge, but it also says that if the leather badge is worn, the plastic encased must be worn, so once the plastic encased rank goes away so do the leather badges.

Attachment 9 reports Leather nametag phase out date of 01AUG2021

Just checked Vanguard and I am not seeing the embroidered name patches or the grade insignia yet. 

VG says they don't have an ETA at this point, but should have more info in a few weeks, per an email response I received a couple of days ago.

1st Lt Matt Thompson
Historian, Assistant PAO

Mitchell - 31 OCT 98 (#44670) Earhart - 22 MAY 01 (#11401)

DocJekyll

Other way around. If the Cloth Name Patch is worn, the Cloth Rank must be worn. Phase out for leather is 1 Aug 2021. You can wear the leather name patch with the cloth rank, and I've already made that swap on my uniform.

Reference:
8.3.3.2. Grade Insignia (Officers). Wear plastic encased grade or full-color grade
embroidered on a dark blue background centered on top of each shoulder with bottom edge of insignia
placed ½ inch from shoulder seam. Only cloth grade insignia will be worn with the cloth nametag. Plastic
encased grade insignia will not be worn after 01 August 2021.
Always give 100%, unless you're giving blood.

NovemberWhiskey

Brad

Quote from: Paul Creed III on March 23, 2020, 06:08:08 pm... or the grade insignia yet. 

The way I read it sir is to just get the dark blue grade insignia same as what goes on the ABU & BBDU, so here: https://www.vanguardmil.com/collections/nco-insignia-and-cloth-insignia

As to the nametag though, yeah still waiting to see that populate too.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

NovemberWhiskey

Quote from: Brad on March 27, 2020, 05:04:48 pmThe way I read it sir is to just get the dark blue grade insignia same as what goes on the ABU & BBDU

I think that's probably right except the Maj Gen rank, which doesn't have the stars lined up appropriately on the existing item. I'm sure they'll figure something out  ;D

ßτε

Use the same blue insignia that has been available for the corporate FDU (the blue one).
Don't use the ABU insignia. It is slightly different.

Eclipse

Quote from: ßτε on March 27, 2020, 08:37:43 pmUse the same blue insignia that has been available for the corporate FDU (the blue one).

There is no "ABU version" of field uniform insignia, they are all the same.

And yes, it's the same insignia for the flight suits now as well.

ßτε

Quote from: Eclipse on March 27, 2020, 09:01:12 pm
Quote from: ßτε on March 27, 2020, 08:37:43 pmUse the same blue insignia that has been available for the corporate FDU (the blue one).

There is no "ABU version" of field uniform insignia, they are all the same.

And yes, it's the same insignia for the flight suits now as well.
My mistake.