Former Cadet Turned Hero PJ

Started by Stonewall, January 25, 2020, 10:04:53 PM

Stonewall

Former Eaker cadet and PJOC graduate from Fairfax and Mount Vernon Composite Squadrons, National Capital Wing. 1992-1999, then a senior member 1999-2004 before enlisting into the Air Force to become a PJ.

Check out the article.

#6.
Serving since 1987.

Spam

That's awesome, Stonewall.  Great to see cadet alumni serving so honorably.

Note - he's not the only former PJOC cadet turned PJ. One of our former cadets from GA045 Sandy Springs Cadet Sqdn (former C/CC) joined the USCG as a rescue swimmer, saved a bunch of people one afternoon and won a medal, and decided to apply to be a combat PJ.  He's now Staff Sgt Tom MacArthur, a PJ with 212 RQS at Elmo.
https://compass.coastguard.blog/2011/10/28/shipmate-of-the-week-ast3-thomas-mcarthur/

I'm working on HH-60G upgrades and mentioned CAP last year in a meeting and got grins all around from the Pave Hawk pilots and PJs. Turns out that several of the guys now flying were former CAP. Wonder how many PJOC grads made good on the program, in total?

Thanks for sharing!
Spam

PHall

Quote from: Spam on January 25, 2020, 11:06:54 PM

That's awesome, Stonewall.  Great to see cadet alumni serving so honorably.

Note - he's not the only former PJOC cadet turned PJ. One of our former cadets from GA045 Sandy Springs Cadet Sqdn (former C/CC) joined the USCG as a rescue swimmer, saved a bunch of people one afternoon and won a medal, and decided to apply to be a combat PJ.  He's now Staff Sgt Tom MacArthur, a PJ with 212 RQS at Elmo.
https://compass.coastguard.blog/2011/10/28/shipmate-of-the-week-ast3-thomas-mcarthur/

I'm working on HH-60G upgrades and mentioned CAP last year in a meeting and got grins all around from the Pave Hawk pilots and PJs. Turns out that several of the guys now flying were former CAP. Wonder how many PJOC grads made good on the program, in total?

Thanks for sharing!
Spam

Kinda the intent of PJOC isn't it?

GroundHawg

I know of a former cadet that went to PJOC who became a JTAC and earned an ARCOM with a V. Not nearly as prestigious as a DFC w/ V but it reinforces that the cadets who attend that course are birds of a feather.

Stonewall

Quote from: GroundHawg on January 27, 2020, 07:08:04 PM
I know of a former cadet that went to PJOC who became a JTAC and earned an ARCOM with a V. Not nearly as prestigious as a DFC w/ V but it reinforces that the cadets who attend that course are birds of a feather.

Another cadet of the same era, also still a close friend, graduated USMA, 82nd Airborne, Special Forces, then Delta. In fact, we were all PJ Tom's groomsman a few years back.
Serving since 1987.