May 26, 2020, 05:34:52 pm

SASB and NCSAs

Started by soar, January 10, 2020, 05:55:54 am

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

soar

January 10, 2020, 05:55:54 am Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 06:45:19 am by soar
Do I have to attend FLWG Special Activities Selection Board if I want to get accepted to an NCSA? Is it a requirement?

Paul Creed III

Quote from: soar on January 10, 2020, 05:55:54 am
Do I have to attend SASB if I want to get accepted to an NCSA? Is it a requirement?


SASB?
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
National Headquarters Cyber Curriculum Specialist
National Headquarters Photography Working Group

Fester

Quote from: soar on January 10, 2020, 05:55:54 am
Do I have to attend SASB if I want to get accepted to an NCSA? Is it a requirement?


I'm going to take a guess that an SASB is a Special Activities Selection Board.  If so, yes... if your wing requires you to sit before a board for Wing Approval for your NCSA application, then yes you need to sit before the board to attend an NCSA.
1stLt, CAP
Squadron CC
Group CPO
Eaker - 1996

Luis R. Ramos

All, Soar's question is "does Florida requires me to sit at the SASB to be selected for an NCAS?"

The very fact that Florida has taken the step to nominate an SASB, it says it is a requirement.

Look again at the selection process. If it says "the SASB decides..." or "the SASB ranks..." or similar words will tell you that is a requirement.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

TheSkyHornet

http://flwg.us/calendar-events/special-activities-selection-boards.aspx

QuoteCadets can expect to take an exam, appear before a selection board, participate in a uniform inspection, and participate in a physical fitness evaluation.
..........
Cadets will be evaluated by a 50 question written test; inspection; demeanor; accuracy at answering the questions before their respective review board; Mile Run time; and by the completeness/content of their application paperwork.

Cadet of the Year, Legislative Day, and IACE applications have additional boards.



So you have to pay $85 to compete to attend an NCSA without a guarantee that you'll get a slot?

Eclipse

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on January 10, 2020, 07:23:12 pm
http://flwg.us/calendar-events/special-activities-selection-boards.aspx

QuoteCadets can expect to take an exam, appear before a selection board, participate in a uniform inspection, and participate in a physical fitness evaluation.
..........
Cadets will be evaluated by a 50 question written test; inspection; demeanor; accuracy at answering the questions before their respective review board; Mile Run time; and by the completeness/content of their application paperwork.

Cadet of the Year, Legislative Day, and IACE applications have additional boards.


So you have to pay $85 to compete to attend an NCSA without a guarantee that you'll get a slot?


Not saying I agree with the practice, but a lot of wings have selection board days or weekends with a cost connected.

Hots and cots aren't free.



Offutteer

Do we still have the Monthly Membership Listing?  I haven't seen a reference to it in well over a decade.

Eclipse




SarDragon

Quote from: Offutteer on January 10, 2020, 08:22:07 pm
Do we still have the Monthly Membership Listing?  I haven't seen a reference to it in well over a decade.


Everything that used to be on the MML is now available on eServices.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Phil Hirons, Jr.

I was just telling a newer member the other day that we had to redline the Professional Development Report, write in the new rating and send it back to NHQ for Specialty Track advancement. I don't miss those days.

MSG Mac

Quote from: Offutteer on January 10, 2020, 08:22:07 pm
Do we still have the Monthly Membership Listing?  I haven't seen a reference to it in well over a decade.


You can still print out a Membership listing from the Reports section of E-Services that is current as of the minute you print it.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

honorguardsman

Quote from: soar on January 10, 2020, 05:55:54 am
Do I have to attend FLWG Special Activities Selection Board if I want to get accepted to an NCSA? Is it a requirement?


I went before, and it helped me.  Two of the cadets in the top ten could not go to their activity. I received an email and I was green-lighted for National Blue Beret.

Whether or not if it is a requirement, I got a grading sheet that shows how I did and it helped me a bit on what I need to work on... I would go for the experience. I got college courses this year so i cannot go. Good Luck.