Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 15, 2019, 04:04:22 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Cadet Programs Management & Activities  |  Topic: CAP Resumes...
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print
Author Topic: CAP Resumes...  (Read 546 times)
djpetzold

Unit: NCR-MN-116

« on: July 10, 2019, 11:01:16 PM »

Soo...what's with CAP resumes? I'm applying for a position within my squadron and have to submit a CAP resume. There's really nothing that outlines a CAP specific format for resumes, just some good tips for any civilian resume (i.e. LTL Vol. 2 pp. 176-177). Does anyone have an example resume I could base mine off of, or is there a standardized CAP format?

Thanks!
Report to moderator   Logged
Zvezda
Recruit

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 11:19:44 PM »

I've always used chapter 21 of the af tongue and quill for cap resumes: https://static.e-publishing.af.mil/production/1/saf_cio_a6/publication/afh33-337/afh33-337.pdf

They have great examples and guidelines
CFToaster

Unit: SER-FL-116

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 11:39:26 PM »

FWIW, here's mine: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTNlWtkTmjcjo0iOqnyuNmqiL4XyqBAAbo16VwYS67_D2nx-7Jqd0gAz62Vu25X6nH849IrEchPvEtb/pub

I've never put a job objective on my resume', because I've only ever submitted for one opening per organization at any given time. If you're open to more than one posiition (such as applying for encampment staff), you may want to consider doing so.  Also, this version of my resume' is specifically targeted at an opening for a Health Services Officer; for most other positions within CAP, I would probably not have listed ALL of my outside healthcare certs.
GaryVC
Seasoned Member

Unit: PCR-NV-070

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 03:13:09 PM »

As a senior member, I have a simple statement on my CAP Resume which is good for all occasions.

Objective:
To provide outstanding volunteer service to the Civil Air Patrol.
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time With Silver Clasp

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 03:39:13 PM »

As a senior member, I have a simple statement on my CAP Resume which is good for all occasions.

Objective:
To provide outstanding volunteer service to the Civil Air Patrol.

That's not a relevent "objective", that's a mission statement.

I've never seen the point of the "objectives" on a resume - your objective is to get whatever job you're applying for,
at which point your objectives are set for you.

Kayll'b

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 05:05:26 PM »

There is no "standard" for a resume in CAP, however I would suggest following the resume in the 'learn to lead'.

There are also some tips on P14 in the SDA guide.
C/2d Lt

Mitchell # 69847

Cadet Leadership officer
jhighman
Recruit

Unit: SER-FL-032

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 02:33:52 PM »

In Squadron Officer School, we spent a good amount of time on writing our biography using the Air Force template. I am attaching mine for reference. Sorry I donít have the blank template file handy from my phone but perhaps when I get to a computer I can try to add it.

I realize that a biography doesnít seem like a resume, and I would never send this thing to a civilian employer in lieu of a resume. However for the majority of CAP needs, itís quite relevant and specific. Of course, YMMV.

* Maj Joseph W Highman Biography.pdf (131.39 kB - downloaded 32 times.)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 05:51:25 PM by jhighman » Report to moderator   Logged
Holding Pattern
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: Worry

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 05:19:42 PM »

You attached a 0kb file. I don't think that was the intent.
SarDragon
Global Moderator

Unit: Smoots

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 06:56:47 PM »

It loaded up just fine for me, both mobile and computer.

Sent using Tapatalk

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret
Luis R. Ramos
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 07:30:05 PM »

All,

When jhighman uploaded that file it was saying "0 KB," I saw it as well. Holding Pattern saw it and reported it. Jhighman must have seen that message and re-posted it before SAR tested it. But yeah, initially it said "0 KB."

Even tho this is a trivial issue, since SAR posted his message doubting Holding's message. The issue is solved.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print 
CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Cadet Programs Management & Activities  |  Topic: CAP Resumes...