Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 21, 2019, 02:27:55 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Tools of the trade  |  Topic: VHF radio post-programming checklist
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print
Author Topic: VHF radio post-programming checklist  (Read 450 times)
xyzzy
Recruit

« on: May 03, 2019, 01:26:19 PM »

Does anyone have a checklist they use to test a VHF radio after it has been programmed with a CAP code plug? I'm a squadron communications officer and our wing commander has requested testing of radios. Any OPSEC issues can be handled by sending to my CAP email, gashton@vtcap.org.

When testing radios, to what extent do you test interoperability channels shared with other services, such as the marine channels or VCALL10, VTAC11, VTAC12, VTAC13 and VTAC14? I did contact Vermont Emergency Management and they had no problem with us testing the VCALL and VTAC channels as long as we deferred to other users and gave a courtesy call to state police dispatch before testing on VCALL10 (which they monitor).

Another recent thread sent the OP to the communications section from eServices. Be aware the degree of access one has depends on who you are. I don't know the exact mechanism for assigning permissions, but wing communications officers seem to have things that squadron communication officers can't see.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Tools of the trade  |  Topic: VHF radio post-programming checklist