Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2019, 08:38:06 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Encampments & NCSAs  |  Topic: Staff Selection: What to Expect???
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Staff Selection: What to Expect???  (Read 360 times)
Jim Lahaie
Recruit

Unit: GLR-IN-211

« on: April 01, 2019, 07:11:15 PM »

Hello, friends, just wondering what to expect of staff selection at INWG encampment since I'm going on Apr 12th. What to expect, as in what they will do, what they will look at, and what I should know. If any tips are available, please give them. Outside wing experience is also welcome.

- C/TSgt Jim 'Jimboi' Lahaie
Report to moderator   Logged
Jim Lahaie
Cadet Master Sergeant, CAP
Recruiting & Retention NCO, LCCS
"Both laziness and greatness can be found equally distributed from E-1 all the way to O-10"
Slim
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 08:03:02 PM »

I have it on pretty good authority that you will take part in an interview with the senior command staff and cadet commander, a drill eval, physical training, uniform inspections, and a written test of general CAP knowledge.  All of which you should be well prepared for, given your current grade.

Otherwise, I wouldn't look to anyone to give you minute by minute specifics or anything else.  Wouldn't want anyone to have an unfair advantage by having too much advanced knowledge.

You should also be aware that seeking out too much info has the potential to make you a pretty bright target on certain peoples radar.
Report to moderator   Logged

Slim
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print 
CAP Talk  |  Cadet Programs  |  Encampments & NCSAs  |  Topic: Staff Selection: What to Expect???