Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2019, 02:21:45 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: BDUs phasing out
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print
Author Topic: BDUs phasing out  (Read 462 times)
Kayll'b
Recruit

Unit: PCR-WA-080

« on: March 19, 2019, 06:46:23 PM »

The date for no more BDUs is coming up fast.
what the heck is CAP doing with all of the old BDUs? are they just going to give them to the members??? How about fundraising with them??? throw them away???
Report to moderator   Logged
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 06:49:36 PM »

"CAP" isn't going to do anything as an organization, per se.  "CAP" doesn't have any.

Units and members will add them to the pile of all the other obsolete stuff they have in
their sheds, homes and meeting locations.

Slim
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 09:31:06 PM »

And, a little more than 26 months is far from "coming up fast."
The average, moderately active member could buy a brand new set of BDUs right now, and still get plenty of use out of them before they phase out.

Slim
Dwight Dutton
Forum Regular

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 11:07:54 PM »

"CAP" isn't going to do anything as an organization, per se.  "CAP" doesn't have any.

Units and members will add them to the pile of all the other obsolete stuff they have in their sheds, homes and meeting locations.

When I retired from the Army I gave all the tops to a paintball team, but I continued to wear my BDU pants.  Still have some.
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Uniforms & Awards  |  Topic: BDUs phasing out