Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 26, 2019, 11:16:07 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Tools of the trade  |  Topic: Rucksacks for Ground Teams (24 & 72 hour packs)
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Rucksacks for Ground Teams (24 & 72 hour packs)  (Read 352 times)
Stonewall
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« on: March 11, 2019, 11:28:35 PM »

The Army switched to OCPs a few years ago and the Air Force is in the process.

There is a ton of ACU (very similar to ABU) patterned gear out there for the taking. 

I've bought both a Medium and Large rucksack via eBay for between $50 and $75 each.  These generally went for $200+ and compare to $300+ for an OCP patterned ruck.

ACU Medium Ruck on eBay

ACU Large Ruck on eBay

Additionally, the Air Force (specifically Security Forces) will be getting rid of their Defensor Fortis Load Carrying System (DFLCS - pronounced "Dee-Flicks") nationwide.  This stuff is PERFECT for ground teams and blends in perfectly with ABUs. 

We've got a local Security Forces Squadron signing over some DFLCS to us along with some of their ABU pattern Multi-Mission Packs.

DFLCS example:

I was bummed when we went to ABUs because I've been carrying a Large ALICE rucksack for three decades, along with old school LBE.

This stuff is a perfect replacement with the change from BDUs to ABUs. Best of all, it maintains uniformity, something I'm a fan of.
Report to moderator   Logged
CFToaster
Recruit

Unit: SER-FL-116

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 04:44:49 PM »

I totally second this. I keep my 24 hour supplies in DFLCS gear: I wear the vest plus six 200round SAW pouches and a hydration carrier. You could probably get that down to four SAW pouches if you pack lighter; two of mine are filled with medical supplies.

A large MOLLE ruck plus the two sustainment pouches holds my 72 hour gear including tent and an additional six liters of water.

The great thing about this combination is that I can shed the pack when it's time for a drive, but keep the DFLCS gear on while I'm seated. Then, I'm ready to hop out of the van and start searching or whatever immediately.

I'll post pics of my DFLCS setup when I get a chance.

Also, I'd like to shout out the ebay shop I bought my ruck from. Long story short, I gave them a bit of a run around, and they gave me great, responsive service through the process. The pack I received was like new (the sustainment pouches were brand new) and pre-assembled. https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=margoo851&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC0.A0.H0.Xmolle+ruck.TRS0&_nkw=molle+ruck&_sacat=0
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 04:48:13 PM by CFToaster » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Tools of the trade  |  Topic: Rucksacks for Ground Teams (24 & 72 hour packs)