Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2019, 02:06:50 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aerospace Education  |  Topic: Is anyone using flight sim to simulate search and rescue mission?
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print
Author Topic: Is anyone using flight sim to simulate search and rescue mission?  (Read 1045 times)
sdflyguy

Unit: sd-031

« on: March 06, 2019, 10:36:07 PM »

I'm a new AEO and have been tasked with developing a flight simulator based S & R rescue mission package to be used on our two simulators.  We would like to use this to supplement S & R field training because simulator based learning would be less costly, less time consuming, and more likely to be available on a frequent basis.   We use MS FS2004 running on Win X-P because it is so easily programmable.  I would be interested in corresponding with anyone who is already working with this type of simulation.  jgs437@rap.midco.net Capt, AEO, Rushmore Sqd, SD Wing
Report to moderator   Logged
Al Sayre
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: SER-MS-001

Mississippi Wing
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 12:32:59 PM »

I'm running this:  http://www.abacuspub.com/civil-air-patrol-search-rescue-bonus-ed-download
on my olde Windows XP machine with FSX at the house.  It works fine.  For $30 I wouldn't reinvent the wheel.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787
kdvthree

Unit: Ohio Wing

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 09:37:11 PM »

The mico soft simulator 2004 has a CAP add on program that does the SAR training and practice.  The programs are still sold on ebay and amazon.  I have used both on our simulators and they work fine.

kdvthree
Pages: [1] Send this topic Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aerospace Education  |  Topic: Is anyone using flight sim to simulate search and rescue mission?