Main Menu

Favorite Weapons

Started by RogueLeader, July 10, 2007, 05:08:37 PM

nesagsar

My favorite weapon is an Lper.

I am pretty sure it would make an efective bludgoen at close range and we could set it to 121.5 to annoy our enemys.

isuhawkeye

Are you talking about the new L-Per, or the clasic?

Stonewall

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on April 01, 2008, 03:03:40 AMI also just bought a 12-guage Mossberg riot shotgun today.  I think I am now the most heavily armed person in my neighborhood.  One .45 caliber M-1911, one .38 caliber revolver with a 2-inch barrel, one 9mm semiauto pistol, and one riot gun.

I had my gun safe open today and my wife says "oh, I didn't know you had two shotguns".  Yes, must remember to tell the wife when there is a new addition.  Already had the Mossberg 500, but bought a Remington 870 Tactical from another officer recently...  Yeah, I'm just waiting for the house next door to open fire on a bad drug deal.  Either that or they house will blow up due to a meth lab.  I love my neighborhood, minus the one set of neighbors next door.  Grrrr...
Serving since 1987.

nesagsar

Gunner C

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on April 01, 2008, 02:49:35 AM
Quote from: wuzafuzz on April 01, 2008, 01:43:40 AM
I carried .38 revolvers, and 9's as a former copper.  Didn't have any choice in the matter.  Later, as a non-sworn (but sworn at) crime scene guy I attended many autopsies after deputies dropped bad guys with one shot from a .40 cal Glock.  It seemed like they couldn't go wrong.  It seemed to be a good balance between stopping power and shoot-ability.

However, the ultimate one shot stop I saw was one bad guy shooting another.  Drive by.  The shooter launched one round at contestant number two, who went down for good.  At the post it became apparent the .45 FMJ round entered in one thigh, hit the femur, bounced upward through the leg, into the abdomen, pinged around the ribs a few times before going up through the neck, hit and bounced off the inside of his skull before coming to rest at the bottom of his skull. 

I hope that wasn't a taxpayer that got shot!

If it was, he got his money's worth . . .  :o

SarDragon

Quote from: nesagsar on April 01, 2008, 04:17:20 AM
Quote from: isuhawkeye on April 01, 2008, 03:18:41 AM
Are you talking about the new L-Per, or the clasic?
[img redacted]

Well maintained units, I see.  :o
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

♠SARKID♠

SarDragon

Shouldn't need fixing in the first place if properly cared for.  :o
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JohnKachenmeister

Since when is duct tape not proper care?
Another former CAP officer

wuzafuzz

Quote from: Gunner C on April 01, 2008, 04:55:52 AM
I carried .38 revolvers, and 9's as a former copper.  Didn't have any choice in the matter.  Later, as a non-sworn (but sworn at) crime scene guy I attended many autopsies after deputies dropped bad guys with one shot from a .40 cal Glock.  It seemed like they couldn't go wrong.  It seemed to be a good balance between stopping power and shoot-ability.

However, the ultimate one shot stop I saw was one bad guy shooting another.  Drive by.  The shooter launched one round at contestant number two, who went down for good.  At the post it became apparent the .45 FMJ round entered in one thigh, hit the femur, bounced upward through the leg, into the abdomen, pinged around the ribs a few times before going up through the neck, hit and bounced off the inside of his skull before coming to rest at the bottom of his skull. 

Not sure if he was a taxpayer...  If I recall correctly the only form of ID he carried was his gang tattoos.  Good thing his prints were on file!   :-X  However, once his past (and rap sheet) came to light it was apparent his demise might have saved the taxpayers plenty of money on future trials and imprisonment.  Unless, of course, he was going to turn a new leaf that very same day.   :angel:
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

Grumpy

Quote from: wuzafuzz on April 01, 2008, 11:14:07 AM

Not sure if he was a taxpayer...  If I recall correctly the only form of ID he carried was his gang tattoos.  Good thing his prints were on file!   :-X  However, once his past (and rap sheet) came to light it was apparent his demise might have saved the taxpayers plenty of money on future trials and imprisonment.  Unless, of course, he was going to turn a new leaf that very same day.   :angel:

Ah yep, just another poor victim of society.   :angel:

SarDragon

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on April 01, 2008, 09:12:19 AM
Since when is duct tape not proper care?

Duct tape implies repair. Repair implies broken. Those masts are pretty sturdy, and if properly handled, shouldn't get broken. My unit has a well used set with a Ser No in the 400s, with the original masts - scarred and showing some handling wear, but nothing broken.

[/rant]
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

nesagsar

They are maintained by NESA grads, there shouldnt be any problems with them.

pixelwonk

right, because NESA grads share their natural wear-n-tear repellency with anything that comes in contact with them.

and +1 to initiative rolls.

nesagsar

All the grads I knew were really good searchers and maintained thier equpment well. Is there a particular reason that you dont trust NESA grads? Has the quality of the academy gone down since 2004?

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Grumpy on April 01, 2008, 02:07:25 PM

Ah yep, just another poor victim of society.   :angel:

Another tragic gang killing.  He was just trying to get his life together.  He had started to attend church, and had gotten in touch with all of his children trying to be a better father to them no matter what the relationship was with their mothers.  He found Jesus, and was looking for a job.  He had given up on gangs, was in a program to get his G.E.D., and was trying to talk to young folks so they wouldn't make his mistakes.

Blah, blah, blah... the usual drivel.  But the media eats it up.
Another former CAP officer

pixelwonk

Quote from: nesagsar on April 01, 2008, 10:09:43 PM
All the grads I knew were really good searchers and maintained thier equpment well. Is there a particular reason that you dont trust NESA grads? Has the quality of the academy gone down since 2004?

interesting logic.

I trust every NESA grad I happen to know, which is enough to make more than one good sized team.  Those that I've worked with have even trusted me just the same, and I've never been there.
Strange. I know!

What I wouldn't trust, however, is a zealot's assessment of equipment based on whether the user had completed a particular NCSA or not.

Since this thread is about favorite weapons and last time I checked an L'Per isn't one, I'd invite you to continue this discussion via PM so as to not attempt to derail the thread further than you already have.

Gunner C

One more guy I don't have to read about in gang intel reports.  They are lower than whale dookie at high tide.

GC

SARMedTech

Quote from: Gunner C on April 02, 2008, 12:02:29 PM

One more guy I don't have to read about in gang intel reports.  They are lower than whale dookie at high tide.

GC

I couldnt agree more Gunner. Gangs are systematically raising just about every violent crime statistic known and invading every hamlet and village from NYC to small town New Mexico. I say we have DHS classify them as terrorists and if you can prove a person is a member of a gang or has gang affiliations, we prosecute them the same way we we do terrorists or suspected terrorists....lets send a few thousands Nortenos, MS-13s and Bloods to Gitmo and see what that does to our gang crime numbers in the US. The enemy is inside the wire.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Flying Pig

Or we could secure the border and deport them as we catch them.   I cant tell you how many illegal alien gangsters I have run across that are on probation!

In Fresno, we have had two off duty Deputies jumped in restaurants by gang members. Neither Dep was carrying their gun.  ???  The gangsters are "claiming" they had no idea the "victim" was a cop.  Both are back to work though.

I never leave home without mine.