Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 16, 2018, 10:31:12 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: 20 and out
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 20 and out  (Read 554 times)
Simplex

« on: November 27, 2018, 03:38:39 PM »

It's been quite a ride. Like anything else in life, good times and bad times, but mostly good. Met lots of great people a few who'll be friends for life. This forum has been great, I've learned a lot. Thanks to those who participate especially those 'old salts' who chime in with a wealth of knowledge. You can imagine my excitement when my retirement packet arrived from NHQ.  I opened it and first to be pulled out was the very nice certificate, name, grade and dates of service all signed by the CAP Commander. Beside the fact that there was a crease running across the certificate at a 45 degree angle it was impressive. It looked liked it slipped off a desk and someone grabbed it and bent it in half was a minor thing. Next came the retirement letter, addressed to me with name rank and mailing address, but it was dated a year ago 31 Oct 2017 and the salutation began Dear Colonel (I'm/was a Major) Somebody Else, thank you for your years of service etc. Next the copy of my CAPF 2A all stamped with date/time received with the CAP Seal down in the lower left hand corner. But the stamp was over inked and dribbled across the bottom of the form. The wife said 'send it back', no I said,  I'll keep it as is. That about sums it up. So long everyone, keep your airspeed up. Simplex, out!
Eclipse
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 03:51:37 PM »

This wins the "most CAP thing" for Nov 2018.

Good on 'ye for the 20, enjoy your guilt-free weekends.

shuman14
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

Unit: NHQ-996

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 04:07:49 PM »

Wow.  :(
Joseph J. Clune
Major (Promotable), Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 -1998, 2000 - Present     CAP (National Patron) 2013 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000       USCGAux: 2004 - Present
NIN

Unit: of issue

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 04:39:39 PM »

It's been quite a ride. Like anything else in life, good times and bad times, but mostly good. Met lots of great people a few who'll be friends for life. This forum has been great, I've learned a lot. Thanks to those who participate especially those 'old salts' who chime in with a wealth of knowledge. You can imagine my excitement when my retirement packet arrived from NHQ.  I opened it and first to be pulled out was the very nice certificate, name, grade and dates of service all signed by the CAP Commander. Beside the fact that there was a crease running across the certificate at a 45 degree angle it was impressive. It looked liked it slipped off a desk and someone grabbed it and bent it in half was a minor thing. Next came the retirement letter, addressed to me with name rank and mailing address, but it was dated a year ago 31 Oct 2017 and the salutation began Dear Colonel (I'm/was a Major) Somebody Else, thank you for your years of service etc. Next the copy of my CAPF 2A all stamped with date/time received with the CAP Seal down in the lower left hand corner. But the stamp was over inked and dribbled across the bottom of the form. The wife said 'send it back', no I said,  I'll keep it as is. That about sums it up. So long everyone, keep your airspeed up. Simplex, out!

Argh. :(

If you happen to read this, send me a photo of that, will you? Email is in my profile.

Darin Ninness, Lt Col, CAP
Sq Bubba, Wing Dude, National Guy
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2018 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.
Chappie

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 04:44:47 PM »

My retirement effective date is 12/31/18 — can’t wait to see when/if arrives and what its condition will be like  ;D
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)
Offutteer
Forum Regular

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 06:08:35 PM »

Reminds me of the time I received my Chuck Yeager Award from a federal official.  It wouldn't fit in the mail box, so the mailman hand carried it to my house and rang the doorbell.  Good times.
Holding Pattern

Unit: Worry

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 07:32:33 PM »

This wins the "most CAP thing" for Nov 2018.

As I read that, I was thinking about how it was a perfect microcosm of CAP condensed into one packet.
OldGuy

Unit: TBKS

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 09:36:29 PM »

True story - I got my Mitchell in 1976. I got my Yeager Award this year. Somehow NHQ decided that I got my Mitchell as well, and sent me the welcome/congrats kit!

Heartwarming!
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: 20 and out