Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 15, 2018, 08:09:32 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: CAP Talk Question
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CAP Talk Question  (Read 1669 times)
francisderosa16

« on: July 02, 2018, 10:51:19 AM »

Hello,

How do you upload your Cadet achievements on CAP Talk at the end of my posts? [ribbons, awards, etc.]

V/R
Cadet Airman
Francis M DeRosa
TheSkyHornet
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 11:58:43 AM »

Use a virtual rackbuilder from an online site, save the image, and attach the image to your signature.

audiododd

Unit: SWR-AZ-083

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 01:34:31 PM »

I tried to get mine put together, and am not sure if it worked.  This looks like the perfect post to try it out. <Crossing my fingers>
TheSkyHornet

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 03:20:25 PM »

^ Looks fine, with the exception of the white border around the insignia (square block)
audiododd

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 11:52:25 PM »

Yeah...I noticed that. I donít know why - it must not have flattened the layers properly. I didnít notice it on the original. Iíll have to open it up and look closer.
TheSkyHornet

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 09:32:41 AM »

The layer is fine. It probably appeared to have a transparent background for the image but actually had a white border built in. An easy Photoshop fix to just erase the border.

Maybe one of these fine folks could help you on it, or I can give it a go when I get home later on.
Simplex

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 11:49:20 AM »

Looks good and thank you for your service with the US Air Force!  Also, welcome to CAP.
audiododd

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 01:55:14 AM »

There...that looks better.  You were right about the white border.  I just went in and used the eraser tool around the stripes and it seemed to work.
TheSkyHornet

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 09:21:13 AM »

Looks perfect.  ;D
Briank

Unit: GLR-MI-063

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 08:15:59 AM »

Use a virtual rackbuilder from an online site, save the image, and attach the image to your signature.

I did the rackbuilder image, but am failing at attaching the image to my signature.  When I try to do it, it wants me to host it on a web server somewhere (which I don't currently have).
jeders

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 03:33:21 PM »

I did the rackbuilder image, but am failing at attaching the image to my signature.  When I try to do it, it wants me to host it on a web server somewhere (which I don't currently have).

Images have to be hosted elsewhere; CAPTalk does not provide image hosting/upload.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse
OldGuy
Seasoned Member

Unit: TBKS

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 05:22:53 PM »

The image can go on your profile and then link same to your signature.
Ed DeSocio
Recruit

Unit: NHQ-HQ-996

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 10:23:40 AM »

Get a free account on Imgur.com, upload the rack image, copy the BBcode link and paste into your profile signature.  I scaled mine down quite a bit before uploading so that it would take up the least amount of space.  Takes some trial and error...
Ed DeSocio
Spaatz #594
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: CAP Talk Question