Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2018, 01:26:31 AM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: Joining the Chamber of Commerce - good idea? Experiences and opinions wanted!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Joining the Chamber of Commerce - good idea? Experiences and opinions wanted!  (Read 583 times)
OldGuy
Seasoned Member

Unit: TBKS

« on: February 28, 2018, 11:12:29 PM »

We are being solicited to join the local Chamber of Commerce. What experiences are out there?
PHall
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 11:23:28 PM »

What do you expect to get from joining? Members, sponsorship?
OldGuy
Seasoned Member

Unit: TBKS

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 11:48:15 PM »

What do you expect to get from joining? Members, sponsorship?
Yes, yes and opportunities for AE.
RiverAux
Too Much Free Time Award

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 11:54:12 PM »

Some Chambers of Commerce are active political organizations (well, I know that at least the national one is) and I'd be a bit leeery of actually joining as a regular member. 
FW
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 10:35:02 AM »

Joining the local CofC can be expensive for a squadron.  It is mainly a B to B networking group with a feed to a state/national lobbying arm for business interests.  I think time and resources would be better spent on other forms of outreach.  YMMV....
randomcadet1941
Recruit

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 12:26:44 PM »

Could be a good idea depending on what they offer and what they expect. Some CoCs might waive fees for some non profits, others have high charges. If they’re offering a good deal, like no or little fees and you still get outreach, go for it.

As someone in a small sqd in a medium size city with a large Air Force base, the opportunities would be great. The whole city supports the base, so opportunities would be good for us if we joined

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: Joining the Chamber of Commerce - good idea? Experiences and opinions wanted!