July 10, 2020, 03:06:44 am

CDTA Status

Started by xray328, February 11, 2018, 03:48:26 am

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

xray328

Any truth to the rumor that CDTA is shutting down?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PHall

I'll take acronyms for $800 Alex, What is CDTA? ???

Ravenwings

What is Cyber Defense Training Academy

Ned

Quote from: xray328 on February 11, 2018, 03:48:26 am
Any truth to the rumor that CDTA is shutting down?


No.

That's why they call them "rumors."

Ned Lee
Col, CAP
National Cadet Program Manager

GaryVC

I was looking around for a Cadet Special Activity I could attend and found this one. There are three campuses, one in Texas, one in Maryland, and the last in New Mexico. I am fond of San Antonio (been there occasionally over the years) so applied (late) for the one in Texas, was accepted and am going to go.

I have learned that in Texas they still have a few senior member openings for specialized positions (like transportation) so if you want to go apply now and you probably should contact the staff.  PM me for an email address.

There are also a few opening for cadets who want to attend, but you need to move fast as they want everything firmed up by the end of this month (April)

Paul Creed III

Quote from: GaryVC on April 14, 2018, 05:11:11 pm
I was looking around for a Cadet Special Activity I could attend and found this one. There are three campuses, one in Texas, one in Maryland, and the last in New Mexico. I am fond of San Antonio (been there occasionally over the years) so applied (late) for the one in Texas, was accepted and am going to go.

I have learned that in Texas they still have a few senior member openings for specialized positions (like transportation) so if you want to go apply now and you probably should contact the staff.  PM me for an email address.

There are also a few opening for cadets who want to attend, but you need to move fast as they want everything firmed up by the end of this month (April)


The New Mexico campus is not scheduled for this year:

https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/cadets/activities/national-cadet-special-activities/2017-08-04-00-00-00-0-2017-08-12-00-00-00-0
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
National Headquarters Cyber Curriculum Specialist
National Headquarters Photography Working Group

Sriracha

Quote from: xray328 on February 11, 2018, 03:48:26 am
Any truth to the rumor that CDTA is shutting down?


I can confidently say no. CAP is full of higher-tech areas, and Cyber Defense fits perfectly into this. 

Paul Creed III

Quote from: Sriracha on April 15, 2018, 04:06:35 pm
Quote from: xray328 on February 11, 2018, 03:48:26 am
Any truth to the rumor that CDTA is shutting down?


I can confidently say no. CAP is full of higher-tech areas, and Cyber Defense fits perfectly into this.


Yes, the Maryland and Texas campuses are full-speed ahead for this summer. Between the two campuses this year, more courses will be offered than last year. CDTA continues growing steadily.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
National Headquarters Cyber Curriculum Specialist
National Headquarters Photography Working Group

xray328

Looks like there was some truth to this after all.  Thanks to all of you who put in the work to make this happen for our cadets, it was very much appreciated.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LSThiker

Quote from: xray328 on August 28, 2018, 11:16:57 am
Looks like there was some truth to this after all.  Thanks to all of you who put in the work to make this happen for our cadets, it was very much appreciated.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


In what way?

xray328




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LSThiker

August 28, 2018, 01:21:15 pm #11 Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 01:26:01 pm by LSThiker
Quote from: xray328 on August 28, 2018, 12:05:25 pm
<Removed Facebook/Twitter(?) post>


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Interesting.  I wonder if that is related to the sudden firing of all TXWG CP staff, as CDTA started in TX.

jeders

Quote from: LSThiker on August 28, 2018, 01:21:15 pm
Quote from: xray328 on August 28, 2018, 12:05:25 pm
<Removed Facebook/Twitter(?) post>


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Interesting.  I wonder if that is related to the sudden firing of all TXWG CP staff, CDTA started in TX.


The TXWG CP staff purge is entirely unrelated.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

LSThiker

Quote from: jeders on August 28, 2018, 01:23:40 pm
Quote from: LSThiker on August 28, 2018, 01:21:15 pm
Quote from: xray328 on August 28, 2018, 12:05:25 pm
<Removed Facebook/Twitter(?) post>


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Interesting.  I wonder if that is related to the sudden firing of all TXWG CP staff, CDTA started in TX.


The TXWG CP staff purge is entirely unrelated.


Okay.

xray328

This is all really unfortunate.  This leaves us with no path for true cyber security training.  And CyberPatriot isn't the answer, a program that relies on local expertise for your cadets to succeed with no path for any sort of certification.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Creed III

As a member of the National Staff, I can assure you CAP will have a cyber NCSA with multiple campuses next summer.

CyberPatriot is only one piece of the overall cyber plan. The forthcoming new Aerospace Dimensions module, wing/region cyber activities, and potential opportunities with Air Force partners are being worked on now.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
National Headquarters Cyber Curriculum Specialist
National Headquarters Photography Working Group

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: jeders on August 28, 2018, 01:23:40 pm
Quote from: LSThiker on August 28, 2018, 01:21:15 pm
Quote from: xray328 on August 28, 2018, 12:05:25 pm
<Removed Facebook/Twitter(?) post>


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Interesting.  I wonder if that is related to the sudden firing of all TXWG CP staff, CDTA started in TX.


The TXWG CP staff purge is entirely unrelated.


Whoa! Wait. What?



Ned

Quote from: Paul Creed III on August 28, 2018, 01:35:35 pm
As a member of the National Staff, I can assure you CAP will have a cyber NCSA with multiple campuses next summer.

CyberPatriot is only one piece of the overall cyber plan. The forthcoming new Aerospace Dimensions module, wing/region cyber activities, and potential opportunities with Air Force partners are being worked on now.


This.

Within Cadet Programs, Cyber is growing!  We have added additional staff and reshuffled assignments to accommodate the significant new emphasis on cyber in coordination with our USAF colleagues.  As Paul pointed out, we will absolutely be offering our successful cyber NCSAs, and adding some cyber in at every level.

"Cyber -- Now More Than Ever Before!!"

Ned Lee
Col, CAP
National Cadet Program Manager

Eclipse

Nothing says "thanks for your business" like "...punishable to the fullest extent of the law...".

Hopefully the replacement curriculum will be from open sources and / or leverage the extensive
in-house IT resources CAP has and be developed internally so that it can and will be released publicly.



Holding Pattern

Quote from: Eclipse on August 28, 2018, 05:42:20 pm
Nothing says "thanks for your business" like "...punishable to the fullest extent of the law...".

Hopefully the replacement curriculum will be from open sources and / or leverage the extensive
in-house IT resources CAP has and be developed internally so that it can and will be released publicly.


Their policy on restricting their training materials always bothered me.

In that respect I won't miss them, and I look forward to a more open courseplan like the cyberpatriot slides.