CAP BDG Parachutist Insignia

Started by Castle Bravo, March 21, 2017, 07:40:56 AM

Castle Bravo

I saw the CAP BDG Parachutist Insignia and thought, "That's neat, wonder what people do to get that" so I do some digging into it but can't find anything about it. At first I thought it might be somthing for people that pass the NCSA for AF Pararescue and survival but I thought that might be unlikely and wanted to find out for sure.

PhoenixRisen

Are you talking about these?  Link.

Unfortunately, those aren't a CAP-issued badge.  Those are just the "real deal" Army-style parachutist wings on ultramarine cloth.

LSThiker

Or are you speaking of these?

If so, attached are a few historical documents published.

Castle Bravo

Quote from: PhoenixRisen on March 21, 2017, 12:09:25 PM
Are you talking about these?  Link.

Unfortunately, those aren't a CAP-issued badge.  Those are just the "real deal" Army-style parachutist wings on ultramarine cloth.

Yeah that's it, thanks for clearing it up.

BuckeyeDEJ

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

Simplex

Great article, 19 years in CAP and never heard of that before.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.