Anyone have any tips for keeping a sharp looking ABU cover?

Started by aviator9417, September 07, 2016, 07:31:04 AM

SarDragon

Quote from: RazorbackPride on September 09, 2016, 01:24:05 AM
Quote from: PHall on September 09, 2016, 12:16:00 AM
Quote from: AdAstra on September 08, 2016, 01:17:06 AM
Quote from: PHall on September 08, 2016, 12:54:59 AM
aviator9417, per the CAWG/CC you can wear your approved squadron baseball cap with ABU's as long as it's not Red.
This was covered in the e-mails he sent to the entire wing a few weeks ago.

When was that email sent? Missed it.

Two e-mails sent 7-28-16 and 7-29-16.

Is this an appropriate way of implementing guidance to the wing?

Why not? We aggressively encourage signing up for the wing email address, and every commander has one by default. If people aren't "getting the word", it's a breakdown in local leadership. Got a better way?

Phil - the emails I have on those dates only talk about patches, and not caps.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on September 09, 2016, 03:16:06 AM
Quote from: RazorbackPride on September 09, 2016, 01:24:05 AM
Quote from: PHall on September 09, 2016, 12:16:00 AM
Quote from: AdAstra on September 08, 2016, 01:17:06 AM
aviator9417, per the CAWG/CC you can wear your approved squadron baseball cap with ABU's as long as it's not Red.

When was that email sent? Missed it.

Two e-mails sent 7-28-16 and 7-29-16.

Is this an appropriate way of implementing guidance to the wing?

Why not? We aggressively encourage signing up for the wing email address, and every commander has one by default. If people aren't "getting the word", it's a breakdown in local leadership. Got a better way?

Phil - the emails I have on those dates only talk about patches, and not caps.

My bad, it's covered in the latest ABU Wear Instructions dated 7-7-16 from National.

aviator9417

Though you can't wear them outside unit activities which means you still need an ABU cover during transit to and from unit activities and when you are at non unit activities.
Assistant Information Technology Officer
Chino Cadet Squadron 20
California Wing, Group 3
sq20.cawgcap.org

ThatOneGuy

I can't believe I am saying this, but I actually agree with you on this one.  :clap:

Quote from: Levi Lockling on September 07, 2016, 02:09:15 PM
Disregard the wrinkles? It's a utility uniform; There's no need for starched covers, ironed blouses, shined boots, etc. Sure, make sure it doesn't look like crap and take care of it as good as you can, but at the end of the day, it's a utility uniform that gets worn either in the field, or for maybe 4 hours a month in a garrison environment. It doesn't need to to be able to cut diamonds.

On another note, I've never understood CAP's general obsession with "Dressing" the utility uniform. ???

Abby.L

Quote from: ThatOneGuy on September 11, 2016, 08:27:09 AM
I can't believe I am saying this, but I actually agree with you on this one.  :clap:

Disregard the wrinkles? It's a utility uniform; There's no need for starched covers, ironed blouses, shined boots, etc. Sure, make sure it doesn't look like crap and take care of it as good as you can, but at the end of the day, it's a utility uniform that gets worn either in the field, or for maybe 4 hours a month in a garrison environment. It doesn't need to to be able to cut diamonds.

On another note, I've never understood CAP's general obsession with "Dressing" the utility uniform. ???

Wait, have we disagreed before? I know I'm not the friendliest guy but I figured I'd remember causing problems....
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

ThatOneGuy

Quote from: Levi Lockling on September 12, 2016, 07:50:20 AM
Quote from: ThatOneGuy on September 11, 2016, 08:27:09 AM

Wait, have we disagreed before? I know I'm not the friendliest guy but I figured I'd remember causing problems....
I mean it's not like we were squadron mates for several years or anything right? [emoji48] The fact it took so long to realize that. [emoji12] Anyways I digress, back to the regularly scheduled thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk