Meeting space Lease retention?

Started by Eclipse, July 28, 2016, 02:51:42 PM

Eclipse

Anyone have a citable reference in regards to retention of leases / contracts for meeting space?

Looking in 10-2 I see verbiage about leased vehicles and real property acquisition, but I don't see anything about
meeting use contracts or similar. IN fact the word "contract" doesn't even appear in 10-2.

I'm assuming 3 years (because reasons), but can't find anything to stand on.

"That Others May Zoom"

Al Sayre

Look in CAPR 174-1 
Leases now have to be issued to "Civil Air Patrol" and signed by a corporate officer (read NHQ) so they would be the only ones that have to retain the copy (since the unit has no legal standing), and it gets put in the Real Property Module in ORMS.

Per section 6-9. Real Property Records. All CAP units that own, lease, rent or occupy real property,
including buildings and manufactured/mobile homes whether on federal, state, local government or
private land are required to maintain complete and accurate records in ORMS.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Eclipse

Good catch - I was thinking maybe we didn't have to retain it because NHQ is signing them now.

Checking ours and it's not current.

There doesn't appear to be any mechanism for getting the actual document signed, so looks like you have to go through
that process and then manually upload the updated version after approval.

"That Others May Zoom"

Al Sayre

I believe that's correct, after NHQ signs it and the Lessor signs it, you upload to ORMS, and it stays until replaced or NHQ delets it.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

PHall

Meeting Space Leases are covered in the Real Property Survey. They get uploaded in ORMS.