Blue Jumper/Utility

Started by SMWOG, July 19, 2016, 01:19:51 AM

SMWOG

Is this utility uniform comfortable and worth the coin? Just exploring my options. I have yet to see any officers in my AO wearing it.

Thanks!

Eclipse

It's no longer a "utility" uniform, it's one of the two CFDUs or "Corporate Flight Duty Uniforms", the distinction
being the material (Nomex vs. cotton).

The cheapy is comfortable and functional, but may not hold up.  I've worn it in the field and for various
other duties, and like Nomex flight suits they are basically adult onesies.

"That Others May Zoom"

SMWOG

Thanks for the info,looks like the BBDU might be a better choice.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: SMWOG on July 19, 2016, 01:19:51 AM
Is this utility uniform comfortable and worth the coin? Just exploring my options. I have yet to see any officers in my AO wearing it.

Thanks!

You mean the Corporate Field Uniform (aka Blue BDU) or the Corporate Flight Dress Uniform (blue flight suit?) The utility uniform (from the last revision of CAPM 39-1) was essentially a cotton version of the blue flight suit, without the flame-resistant nomex properties. If I remember correctly the one sold by Vanguard is the Rothco brand, which is a cheap knock-off of a flight suit. Get yourself the TruSpec, which is modeled after the blue flight suit (CWU-27/P); only adds side-entry zippered 'happy pockets' that the mil-spec flight suit doesn't have.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040