Main Menu

BDU with New Tapes

Started by Damron, June 17, 2016, 06:39:22 PM

winterg

I had a member last year take his uniform to the alterations shop at Macdil AFB. He got it back and the squadron patch wasn't even close to being centered!

Transmitted via my R5 astromech.

raivo

Quote from: winterg on June 21, 2016, 07:04:06 PMI had a member last year take his uniform to the alterations shop at Macdil AFB. He got it back and the squadron patch wasn't even close to being centered!

The alterations shop at FE Warren thought I was a time traveler for bringing in BDUs.

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

Damron

Quote from: raivo on June 21, 2016, 10:05:15 PM
Quote from: winterg on June 21, 2016, 07:04:06 PMI had a member last year take his uniform to the alterations shop at Macdil AFB. He got it back and the squadron patch wasn't even close to being centered!

The alterations shop at FE Warren thought I was a time traveler for bringing in BDUs.

Unlikely they would see too many Navy or Marine folks.   :)

raivo

FE actually does have some Navy personnel assigned there.

I don't know what they do - I asked a couple of them once, and they didn't seem to know either.

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

RogueLeader

Really, when was this?  I've been taking mine there for the past 4+ years.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

stillamarine

Quote from: Damron on June 22, 2016, 04:36:49 AM

Uhh....The Navy and Marines don't wear BDUs either. Since before the Army and AF.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

MHC5096

Actually I think you'll find that Seabees and some other some other specialized Navy units still have woodland BDUs in thier seabags.
Mark H. Crary
Lt Col, CAP (1990-Present)
DDC-P, CGAUX (2011-Present)
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)

Eclipse

Quote from: MHC5096 on June 22, 2016, 04:58:02 PM
Actually I think you'll find that Seabees and some other some other specialized Navy units still have woodland BDUs in thier seabags.

Yep, see them occasionally, there are also some units in Hawaii, I think, or other Pacific islands that
were pulling woodland out of ROTC units last year because the woodland is more effective in jungle climates.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Was for the rebooted jungle school. 25k BDU sets IIRC for the Army.

MHC5096

Of course the Seabees were among the last holdouts to wear the OD green utility uniform too.  :)
Mark H. Crary
Lt Col, CAP (1990-Present)
DDC-P, CGAUX (2011-Present)
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)

Eclipse

Quote from: Капитан Хаткевич on June 22, 2016, 05:45:32 PM
Was for the rebooted jungle school. 25k BDU sets IIRC for the Army.

Ah!  Bach.  Good memory.

"That Others May Zoom"

LATORRECA

Actually, Seabees, stop using BDUs about 2-3 years ago and now they are using the Navy utility amphibious Uniform. The only unit still using BDU's to work is the Marine Special Operation Command (Raiders BN) and during garrison they use regular Marine MarPat.
    For me I would prefer the CAP to stay on Corporate Utility Uniform. However Big Blue said No so... more money down the drain buying uniforms. Personal choice to use AF regs. Stay motivated. Semper....

stillamarine

Quote from: LATORRECA on June 22, 2016, 07:40:47 PM
    Actually, Seabees, stop using BDUs about 2-3 years ago and now they are using the Navy utility amphibious Uniform. The only unit still using BDU's to work is the Marine Special Operation Command (Raiders BN) and during garrison they use regular Marine MarPat.
    For me I would prefer the CAP to stay on Corporate Utility Uniform. However Big Blue said No so... more money down the drain buying uniforms. Personal choice to use AF regs. Stay motivated. Semper....

While MARSOC wears M81 patterned utilities they are not the same ole BDUs. They are a bit fancier than that.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

LATORRECA

Quote from: stillamarine on June 22, 2016, 08:05:12 PM

While MARSOC wears M81 patterned utilities they are not the same ole BDUs. They are a bit fancier than that.

Any Tricolor woodland pattern looks like BDU to me, I Have see them very up close. 

raivo

Quote from: RogueLeader on June 22, 2016, 02:03:58 PMReally, when was this?  I've been taking mine there for the past 4+ years.

Aboot three years ago. I exaggerate, but they were a little surprised.

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018

JC004

Quote from: Eclipse on June 21, 2016, 12:47:34 AM
So /nitpick, shouldn't the stripes be silver too?

Those background colors might be "close", but the clearly don't match.

In this photo they are so bright they look Photoshopped.

In theory, but don't shake this tree, Bob.  These insignia are expensive to produce, and they would be expensive for CAP to buy back from Vanguard in the even of a change.  That money takes away from money we can use for perfectly good programs - not lining Vanguard's pockets more.

grunt82abn

Sorry, I am tired, and most likely mis-reading this, but are they getting rid of the Corporate Uniform down the road?
Sean Riley, TSGT
US Army 1987 to 1994, WIARNG 1994 to 2008
DoD Firefighter Paramedic 2000 to Present

jeders

Quote from: grunt82abn on June 25, 2016, 02:20:03 PM

Sorry, I am tired, and most likely mis-reading this, but are they getting rid of the Corporate Uniform down the road?

No, there are no plans to ever do away with the corporate field uniform.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

grunt82abn

[/quote]

No, there are no plans to ever do away with the corporate field uniform.
[/quote]

Thank you for clarifying!!! These 72 hours shifts beat the brain up
Sean Riley, TSGT
US Army 1987 to 1994, WIARNG 1994 to 2008
DoD Firefighter Paramedic 2000 to Present

Damron

Quote from: stillamarine on June 22, 2016, 04:21:32 PM
Quote from: Damron on June 22, 2016, 04:36:49 AM

Uhh....The Navy and Marines don't wear BDUs either. Since before the Army and AF.

A couple of Navy and Marine units are wearing BDU's, including BUDS school and deployed SEALs when desired.