Squadron Transfer

Started by Buckle Up Buckaroo, May 12, 2016, 05:27:17 PM

Buckle Up Buckaroo

Hey team,    just wondering... does wing and nationals bat an eye when they see more than one squadron transfer on your record? Does it reflect negatively on yourself?

RogueLeader

Typically, Wing and National won't even see it.  As to whether it's an issue, all depends on the circumstances.  For example, I've been in 4 regions and 5 wings over the past 11+ years.  I've told the Commander a bit of my history.  Another example, I had 4 cadets transfer into my Squadron from their Squadron 70 miles up the road- Wing/CC was very concerned.

I should say that despite my numerous transfers, I still went to National Staff College, where they did look at Unit History. ;)

You should note that we know that members have things happen in life that takes you from place to place.  Some happens more than others.  The key is to be upfront with the Units, both old and new as to what is happening.  Blindsiding your previous Commander of the fact you are leaving is a surefire way to get into headaches.

I hope that helps
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Holding Pattern

Quote from: Buckle Up Buckaroo on May 12, 2016, 05:27:17 PM
Hey team,    just wondering... does wing and nationals bat an eye when they see more than one squadron transfer on your record? Does it reflect negatively on yourself?

No reason it should. If there is an issue, the approving authority will simply deny it and explain why. But I imagine that as an example, siblings of active duty military that are in the CAP would be bouncing around, people with jobs that have similar rotations would be bouncing around... there are lots of reasons for a squadron transfer.

Buckle Up Buckaroo

Thank you gentlemen. That really helps a lot. And yep, that's the situation I'm in: just job schedule changes that prevent me from attending meetings on specific days. Never usually have problems with people and its not my reason for transferring. The way I see it is that as long as you follow the core values, you really should be fine working with others in life and seldomly ever running into trouble. Take care! :)

DakRadz

Quote from: Starfleet Auxiliary on May 12, 2016, 05:38:24 PM
Quote from: Buckle Up Buckaroo on May 12, 2016, 05:27:17 PM

No reason it should. If there is an issue, the approving authority will simply deny it and explain why. But I imagine that as an example, siblings of active duty military that are in the CAP would be bouncing around, people with jobs that have similar rotations would be bouncing around... there are lots of reasons for a squadron transfer.

Siblings? So if I can convince my brother to join up, he gets to support me and move me around? (sorry, couldn't pass that one up)