Uniform commitee POC

Started by NHQ-OS-126 Frank, January 24, 2016, 04:28:24 PM

NHQ-OS-126 Frank

Good afternoon,

I just want to ask if someone has a contact information for the uniform committee ? We have some questions about uniforms which are unique to overseas units.

Thank you and all the best from Europe.

Frank
Deputy commander
Aerospace Education Officer
NHQ-OS-126 Spangdahlem AB
Germany
www.facebook.com/capspangdahlem
LX1MG

Гугл переводчик

I don't personally have the contact info, but knowing the vast amount of folks from all parts of CAP that frequent this page, I'm sure someone here would be able to help with your questions.
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

dwb

Uniform questions are usually fielded by Susie Parker at NHQ. Or you could try submitting your question to the knowledge base. People don't usually ask questions directly to the NUC.

Garibaldi

Quote from: dwb on January 24, 2016, 06:59:54 PM
Uniform questions are usually fielded by Susie Parker at NHQ. Or you could try submitting your question to the knowledge base. People don't usually ask questions directly to the NUC.

Rules of the NUC:

1. Thou shalt not ask questions directly of the NUC; use your chain of command.
2. Thou shalt not ask "when r we getin teh digitalz they r kewl".
3. Thou shalt always hold the NUC in high reverence. If not for them, we would be performing our duties in smurf suits and berry boards.
4. If rules #1 and/or #2 (especially #2) are broken, prepare to be beaten about the head and shoulders with berry boards, demoted to 2nd Lt, and forced to wear the smurf suit until a formal apology is submitted, received, and acknowledged by the whole NUC.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

PHall

There's a procedure in the 39-1 that you use to make suggestions/corrections. Use it!
That's why it's there.

SarDragon

Given all that, what are your specific Qs? We have at least two former commanders of OS units on here. IIRC, the rules in the OS unit reg are pretty specific.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JeffDG

Despite being overseas units, there is still a defined Chain-of-Command.  In fact, it's nice and short...IIRC, the squadron commander reports to the National Executive Officer.

lordmonar

Quote from: JeffDG on January 24, 2016, 10:09:49 PM
Despite being overseas units, there is still a defined Chain-of-Command.  In fact, it's nice and short...IIRC, the squadron commander reports to the National Executive Officer.
Nope.

National Commander.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

abdsp51

Quote from: lordmonar on January 24, 2016, 11:06:21 PM
Nope.

National Commander.

Yes and no. 

The first stop is Col Ragland the the Nat CC.

lordmonar

Quote from: abdsp51 on January 25, 2016, 12:16:33 AM
Nope.

National Commander.

Yes and no. 

I'm sure that Gen Vazquez would be surprised.  :)

But you are correct....they evidiently made a change in 2012 that put OS units under the Chief of Staff.

JeffDG

Quote from: lordmonar on January 25, 2016, 12:23:54 AM
Nope.

National Commander.

Yes and no. 

But you are correct....they evidiently made a change in 2012 that put OS units under the Chief of Staff.

And they renamed the national CS as the Executive Officer.

To me, having the Chief of Staff in a command position is a bit strange.  Would have made more sense to put them under CAP/CV, but then again, nobody asked me!

abdsp51

Nope.

National Commander.

Yes and no. 

Of course I am...  It's on eservices when I log in :)

abdsp51

Quote from: JeffDG on January 25, 2016, 05:01:15 AM
Nope.

National Commander.

Yes and no. 

And they renamed the national CS as the Executive Officer.

To me, having the Chief of Staff in a command position is a bit strange.  Would have made more sense to put them under CAP/CV, but then again, nobody asked me!

Yeah however the reg has not caught up to that.  An OS CC has alot of leeway with the position.

lordmonar

Quote from: abdsp51 on January 25, 2016, 05:03:07 AM
Nope.

National Commander.

Yes and no. 

Of course I am...  It's on eservices when I log in :).
Col Ragland is the National CC?  I think not.  :)

abdsp51

That was and the Nat CC.  Not that Col Ragland was the Nat CC.  They are actually trying to bring some more structure for OS units. 

lordmonar

yes I know....it was strange back when I was commander of OS113....I send something for PD or CP right to NHQ and they would shoot back an E-mail "you need to send this to your wing PD".  I would have to remind them I did not have a wing PD (or what ever)....and the LOLs would ensue.

:)

But to the OP....you would send your request/problem/suggestion to the EX and he would send it to DP where it would get sent to the NUC per 39-1.

Also to the OP....what exactly is your question/problem?   I'd like to know PM me if you want.

NHQ-OS-126 Frank

Thank you all for the many replies and suggestions. I got a POC and we are working it throught the chain now.

All the best from Europe.

Frank
Deputy commander
Aerospace Education Officer
NHQ-OS-126 Spangdahlem AB
Germany
www.facebook.com/capspangdahlem
LX1MG