Main Menu

Aviator Shirt

Started by jnazars@yahoo.com, September 29, 2015, 06:07:46 PM

jnazars@yahoo.com

Winterg, I thank you for that link. Wardog Surplus is in Toledo Ohio. There like a 40 minute drive from me. So i'll call them in the morning and get their address and head out there and take a look at what they have.

NIN

Quote from: jnazars@yahoo.com on October 03, 2015, 03:11:13 AM
Winterg, I thank you for that link. Wardog Surplus is in Toledo Ohio. There like a 40 minute drive from me. So i'll call them in the morning and get their address and head out there and take a look at what they have.

+1 on the Wardog Surplus people. I've gotten 3/4 of my blues from them (all but the service coat: 2 pairs of trousers, 2 short sleeve shirts, etc).  They rock.  And free shipping on their eBay stuff, so why drive?  Their stuff is inexpensive enough that you can just do a buy it now and have it in a couple days.

Speaking of aviator shirts:

I have a white "aviator" shirt that is made by Flying Cross from their "Distinguished" line.  Flying Cross makes one of the "premium" USAF blue shirts you can buy at AAFES (and, perhaps, via Vanguard).  This aviator shirt is essentially an exact copy of the USAF blue shirt (mitered pockets, etc) but white. (Here's a link to their USAF Blue shirt http://www.flyingcross.com/product.aspx?zpid=714)    Unfortunately, mine has a little catch over the pocket that is slowly becoming a hole, so I'll be retiring it soon and I'm searching out a new one.

I've had the Van Heusen shirt in the past, and I found it to be tremendously lacking in the quality department. I do poorly with "poplin" shirts, and prefer oxford.  I have't yet found a new Flying Cross shirt in white at a reasonable price, but when I do, you can bet I'll be all over it like a monkey on a cupcake.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

JC004

I did not see a non-scalloped pocket from them. 

NIN

Well, since I have one I know they did make it. Might have to call them. The shirt is very high quality.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

SarDragon

+1 on the quality. My olde Shade 84 blue shirt was from Flying Cross, and it's one of the finest shirts I've ever owned.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Panache

I wish Flying Cross made an equivalent white shirt.