Approval Authority for the Unit Citation Award

Started by Shotgun, June 09, 2015, 02:15:15 PM

Shotgun

39-3 defines the approval authority for the National Unit Citation Award, but I see nothing referring to the  "regular" Unit Citation.

Is the approving authority for a  Unit Citation for a squadron approved at the Wing Level?
Or does it need to go higher?  Region?  NHQ?

My understanding is that a National Unit Citation Award is initiated at NHQ and goes down the chain.

So, if the award is initiated at a lower level echelon and goes UP for approval, how far does it have to go?

Alaric

Quote from: Shotgun on June 09, 2015, 02:15:15 PM
39-3 defines the approval authority for the National Unit Citation Award, but I see nothing referring to the  "regular" Unit Citation.

Is the approving authority for a  Unit Citation for a squadron approved at the Wing Level?
Or does it need to go higher?  Region?  NHQ?

My understanding is that a National Unit Citation Award is initiated at NHQ and goes down the chain.

So, if the award is initiated at a lower level echelon and goes UP for approval, how far does it have to go?

Unit citations go all the way to NHQ

LSThiker

Here are the appropriate quotes:

The Unit Citation is considered a decoration:

Quote8. Authority to Award Decorations.
a. Authority to award all decorations listed in this section is vested in the CAP Senior Advisory Group (CSAG).

c. Channels.
(1) All recommendations for decorations (except the Exceptional Service Award, Meritorious Service Award, Commander's Commendation Award, CAP Achievement Award and Certificate of Recognition for Lifesaving) will be submitted through channels, to include region headquarters, to National Headquarters.

Shotgun

Awesome!

I read that but never made the connection for the Unit Citation Award.

Sometimes you just need a little nudge in the right direction to get the brain cells firing in the right way!