ribbon(s?) for Commander's Commendations at different levels

Started by LegacyAirman, June 02, 2015, 10:30:35 PM

LegacyAirman

I was asked to clarify a ribbon question, but I'm stumped. If an individual has a two Commendations, one from the Regional and another from the National Commander, how is that displayed - two ribbons, one with a bronze star and another with a silver, or one ribbon with the highest? Maybe some other way I just can't imagine. 39-3 wasn't clear, to me at least, on that. I searched here without any luck. Thanks.

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: LegacyAirman on June 02, 2015, 10:30:35 PM
I was asked to clarify a ribbon question, but I'm stumped. If an individual has a two Commendations, one from the Regional and another from the National Commander, how is that displayed - two ribbons, one with a bronze star and another with a silver, or one ribbon with the highest? Maybe some other way I just can't imagine. 39-3 wasn't clear, to me at least, on that. I searched here without any luck. Thanks.

I have both a National and two regular Comm-Comms. You wear the silver star for the National Comm-Comm to the wearer's right of any bronze or silver triangular clasps. If you've earned a Region Comm-Comm, the bronze star is worn to the left of any National Comm-Comm silver stars. Quoth CAPR 39-3:

Quotef. Commander's Commendation Award. Outstanding duty performance where achievements and services are clearly and unmistakably exceptional when compared to similar achievements and service of members of like rank and responsibility. In instances where several members are affiliated with an exceptionally successful program, project or mission, the Commander's Commendation Award will be awarded only to those who clearly stand out from the others and who contributed most to the success of the program. The Exceptional Service Award and the Meritorious Service Award differ from the Commanders' Commendation Award in that they recognize achievements and services significantly above and beyond normal duty performance. This award may be presented by a wing, region or National Commander.
(1) Members who earn the award as authorized by the wing commander will be awarded the basic ribbon.
(2) A bronze star is added to the ribbon when the award is authorized by the region commander.
(3) A silver star is added to the ribbon when the award is authorized by the National Commander.
(4) In the event of multiple awards, the bronze or silver star is placed on the ribbon to the wearer's right of any clasps for multiple awards at any level. Only one bronze or silver star (one star of each type) will be worn.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040