CAP Service Dress

Started by Reader5567, March 13, 2015, 10:32:53 PM

Reader5567

Where can I purchase the Service Coat and bow tie for the new style semi-formal dress uniform? I know where to buy everything else.
C/CMSgt Thadeus Smith, First Sergeant, Peninsula Composite Squadron.

abdsp51

For the semi formal uniform with the new dress coat you do not wear a bow tie you wear the regular AF tie.  There are sources available for the coat AAFES, Ebay, and local units to name a few.   

Reader5567

Quote from: abdsp51 on March 13, 2015, 11:31:48 PM
For the semi formal uniform with the new dress coat you do not wear a bow tie you wear the regular AF tie.  There are sources available for the coat AAFES, Ebay, and local units to name a few.   

OK, thanks. I'm a little bummed I don't get to wear the bow tie, because I like bow ties, but it's one less thing I have to buy.
C/CMSgt Thadeus Smith, First Sergeant, Peninsula Composite Squadron.

PHall

Quote from: Reader5567 on March 14, 2015, 08:12:42 PM
Quote from: abdsp51 on March 13, 2015, 11:31:48 PM

OK, thanks. I'm a little bummed I don't get to wear the bow tie, because I like bow ties, but it's one less thing I have to buy.

But you do need a plain white long sleeve dress shirt. You wear that in place of your regular blue shirt.
(CAPM 39-1, Para 4.1.3.2.3)

Abby.L

There are two styles of Semi-Formal, as I'm sure you've figured out. Both of them involve replacing the blue shirt with a white one, and removing the name tag. The difference is that with the old style, you wear a black or blue bow-tie, as compared with the new style semi-formal, where you just wear the same blue tie. You need to be sure that you know what you're wearing, and what goes with it.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013