Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 20, 2018, 11:21:05 PM
Home Help Login Register

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Tools of the trade  |  Topic: Orange Tactical Pack?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: Orange Tactical Pack?  (Read 5500 times)

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2016, 06:45:46 AM »

I'm thinking about getting a pack from the packshack now. Their site looks pretty old though. Do they ship fast?
I recommend you take a look at this before you buy Phen375.
Seasoned Member

Unit: MER-NC-143

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2016, 12:28:09 PM »

I have 2 pack makers I can recommend whose products I use for SAR:

1)  www.thepackshack.com - they have great line packs to include modular setups and orange is one of their most requested colors.  Their packs are also used by wildland fire crews, so they'll take a beating.  I've used their modular web gear (v1, they're on v2 now) with a top-load main body and hydration sleeve for @17 years.

2) www.gear911.com/product.php?productid=16141&cat=250&page=1 I acquired this pack (in red) last year and have enjoyed it as well.  Holds about the same cu in of weight as my othr pack but displaces the weight mainly on my hips, for those days when the old back is feeling cranky.  >:D  The manufacturer will make it in orange if requested.  Only bummer ..... no hydration sleeve .... :-(

From Gear911, I have this kit:
http://www.gear911.com/product.php?productid=16137&cat=249&page=1  Which is available in Orange.  I then added this, the day pack: http://www.gear911.com/product.php?productid=16138&cat=249&page=1  also available in Orange.

It's a nice setup, perfect for a 24-hour kit, and I've had it for quite a number of years.  The only nitpick is, once fully loaded out, the shoulder straps start to feel thin through the shoulders.

Gear911 hasn't kept up with the trends and upgraded to MOLLE style so other accessories can be easily added. And, they haven't gotten on the Camelbak bandwagon and have stayed with canteens.

Otherwise, it's high-quality stuff and works well for our needs.  Price is nice too.
Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Gill Rob Wilson #1891
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Tools of the trade  |  Topic: Orange Tactical Pack?