C-172 Purchase

Started by LTCinSWR, February 02, 2015, 11:49:42 PM

LTCinSWR

CAP is buying 21 C-172s from the plant in Independence KS.

http://www.newson6.com/story/28001847/civil-air-patrol-buying-new-cessna-airplanes-built-in-independence-kansas

The article suggests that this a replacement, rather than expansion, purchase.
If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.
John Quincy Adams

L.A. Nelson Lt. Col. CAP
Homeland Security Officer
NM Wing Headquarters

FW

To date; the fleet is limited to 550 aircraft.  When we buy new; we sell old. 

Brad

We were told at MER Conference that CAP is getting about 17 new 172's. They're passing on the Becker in order to afford tow hooks so they can haul gliders.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Nuke52

Cessna announced Monday an order from the U.S. Civil Air Patrol for 21 new Cessna Skyhawk 172 aircraft.

The "U.S. Civil Air Patrol" ordered those airplanes?  Who signed the contract for "U.S.C.A.P."?  I thought Voldemort and his "U.S. Civil Air Patrol" had been run out of town?
Lt Col
Wilson Awd

NIN

Cessna probably had that construction in their press release style book. They don't know any better
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Brad

Plus don't forget we're not the only "Civil Air Patrol" in the world. Plenty of our sister organizations elsewhere share our name to some degree - CASARA, often referred to as Civil Air Patrol of Canada for example - and since Cessna does plenty of international sales, it becomes necessary to differentiate the US Civil Air Patrol from the others. I doubt they mean it in the context we know it as. That or as the Colonel said, it's just the way their press kit had it.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN