Musing on a Former Active now Patron Member

Started by Angus, January 26, 2015, 08:04:43 PM

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on January 27, 2015, 02:58:50 AM
You write a logical thoughtful respectful paper stating your position and give it to those in command.  It what NCOs do all the time.

And you've done this, regarding this subject, how may times?

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

..and then you've got those Wing CC's that send out griping emails about units without 100% compliance.

The more entires in your specific roster, the closer to nearly %$$@ing impossible to attain "100%" compliance unless you've got a pencil whipper in command somewhere.

..and then congratulating and using units with 20 members, and 100% compliance as a model example, over those with 100 members and not having 100%...

Not current = Can't participate until you are. Done. Want to find something to nick people on, spot check attendance rosters vs. compliance on sign in sheets for activities. Check a member's record online to see how many they've been logged in for. Whatever.

It's still not going to stop people who have not been to a meeting in 9 months, participated half-baked for the few months before that, and then being appointed as XO of an event. Go in search of the problem, hassle those who are the problem.

Private Investigator

Quote from: a2capt on January 27, 2015, 03:34:17 AM
..and then you've got those Wing CC's that send out griping emails about units without 100% compliance.

The more entires in your specific roster, the closer to nearly %$$@ing impossible to attain "100%" compliance unless you've got a pencil whipper in command somewhere.

..and then congratulating and using units with 20 members, and 100% compliance as a model example, over those with 100 members and not having 100%...

The numbers game is my pet peeve. 100% is nice but if you are 'pencil whipping' the numbers it really does not mean anything. Some Wing Kings/Queens get to wrapped up and that is when a great CV or CS should get their ear and tell them, "Skipper, we are doing great here!"  8)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Private Investigator on January 27, 2015, 03:56:16 AM
Quote from: a2capt on January 27, 2015, 03:34:17 AM

The numbers game is my pet peeve. 100% is nice but if you are 'pencil whipping' the numbers it really does not mean anything. Some Wing Kings/Queens get to wrapped up and that is when a great CV or CS should get their ear and tell them, "Skipper, we are doing great here!"  8)

You don't typically get the "Right Stuff" crowd up at the top.

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on January 27, 2015, 03:02:20 AM
You write a logical thoughtful respectful paper stating your position and give it to those in command.  It what NCOs do all the time.

only had to do it once.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on January 27, 2015, 06:13:59 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on January 27, 2015, 03:02:20 AM

only had to do it once.

Quote from: lordmonar on January 27, 2015, 02:45:14 AM
Or you can challenge them on it just like I do here in NVWG

And yet still an issue, apparently, as "do" would infer an ongoing state, vs. "did" in the past-tense.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

bflynn

Quote from: Member Who on January 26, 2015, 09:30:19 PMI know, there are a few of us still around who think Active means Active.

I couldn't agree more. 

But as someone who has been trained and standing by for almost five years, I kind of wonder what Active really means.  If I'm doing nothing, I can do that anywhere.

Quote from: RiverAux on January 27, 2015, 12:22:50 AM
I could show up 1 day every 2 years and be "ready" to go on a mission in about 10 minutes without having to do a lick of work in the meantime.  Just would need to do a quick online safety quiz so I could print a current 101 before walking out the door.   

Well, other than the renewal of your qualifications, I agree.  There are things I was good at before joining CAP and the only difference is working within a structure here.  I could not do them for years and be ready to do them at the drop of a hat.