Cadet Safety Officer

Started by DanielGoodman, September 30, 2014, 12:13:36 AM

DanielGoodman

Okay, so we recently appointed a cadet tech sgt as our cadet safety officer. Just saying, he is not at all the most respectful cadet around, but somehow he got chosen. Anyway, ever since being selected, he thinks that he is allowed to fall himself out of flight and walk around "inspecting for safety". Last week when I confronted him on it, he told me that our cadet commander looked in the regs and it states that everything he is doing (falling out of flight himself and walking around "inspecting" and being exempt from the normal weekly activities) is fully okay. I asked the CC and he confirmed. The two of them are fairly close friends outside and inside of CAP. Today, I looked in not only the regs but also the cadet staff handbook, and I saw NOTHING saying that this cadet can do what he is doing. I only saw that the safety cadet works directly with the safety senior member and helps with activities for safety and such. What kind of regs was our CC looking at?!?! Can anyone answer this??

lordmonar

Nothing you can really do.

Except bring your concerns to the attention of the chain of command.

C/Safety NCO......said "The C/CC said this is what I'm supposed to do".   The C/CC confirmed "yep, that is what he is supposed to do".

Your next step it to take it to the Deputy Commander for Cadets or the Leadership Officer....and if you are not satisfied...to the commander and so on and so forth.

As for the duties of a Safety Officer......walking around during normal operations, activities and such....looking for safety problems is in fact one of their duties.  So.....it is not a far stretch to say the cadet is in fact doing his job.

Having said that.....you need to, politely, point out to your leadership on how the C/Safety NCO's actions are interfering with operations...and how they are affecting the cadet's progression in the program.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

MSG Mac

Deputy Commander for Cadets= CDC
Commander= CC
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member