Cadet weight & uniforms

Started by Lt Buzzbear, July 15, 2014, 07:13:15 AM

Lt Buzzbear

So I have a problem out here in the Vegas...
I have a couple of cadets who CLEARLY do not come close to the height/weight requirements.  In fact i can not even get one cadet into a pair of trousers that fit properly.
With the new 39-1 in chapter 4, regarding the aviator shirt combo, it references cadet name tags (4.2.5.3. Accoutrements, 4.2.5.3.1. Nametag) and cadet rank (4.2.5.2.3 & 4.2.5.2.4).
Am i to glean that cadets are authorized the grey & aviator combo the same as senior members who do not meet the ht/wt req's?

Do not get me wrong, the cadets are both losing the weight quickly, how ever 14 years of neglect on the body DOES NOT change overnight!!

Thanks
Lt. Buzzbear

Panache

Quote from: Lt Buzzbear on July 15, 2014, 07:13:15 AM
Am i to glean that cadets are authorized the grey & aviator combo the same as senior members who do not meet the ht/wt req's?

That only applies to cadets 18 years old and over.

Cadets who are 12-17 wear the AF Blues / BDUs.  They do not have the "Corporate" option.

NIN

AAFES for larger sizes (IIRC, you can get up to size 52 blues trousers, maybe bigger)

And a tailor.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.