Main Menu

CAPM 39-1

Started by LegoXman7, July 14, 2014, 03:24:54 AM

LegoXman7

Time for another question from the Basic,
I forgot where I read it, it was either CAPM 39-1 or on this forum, but I read that you are not to wear your CAP uniform To anything not CAP related, but according to CAPM 39-1 here: http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/m391_e6f33eaaec28a.pdf table 1-1, it says "These uniforms are worn for social functions of a formal and/or official nature (e.g., black tie affairs). The tuxedo is the civilian equivalent." And I was wondering if this meant I can wear it to events such as weddings, dances, and graduations,(I 'think' those are black tie events) or if I just terribly misread it?
Thanks!
C/MSgt JAY NULPH, Jr, CAP
Fl-116 Cadet First Sergeant

LegoXman7

Oh, and what are 'Class A' and 'Class B' uniforms?
Thanks again!

SarDragon

You've got two things here - the activity, and the level of wear. You only wear your CAP uniform to CAP activities, unless otherwise approved by higher authority, usually the unit commander. The level of wear is determined by how formal the event is - dress, service, or working.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SarDragon

Quote from: LegoXman7 on July 14, 2014, 03:26:48 AM
Thanks again!

You need to give the 39-1 a thorough read.

The Class A and Class B uniforms are designated in Table 1, and further defined in Chapter 4.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

LegoXman7

Quote from: SarDragon on July 14, 2014, 03:33:49 AM
Quote from: LegoXman7 on July 14, 2014, 03:26:48 AM
Thanks again!

You need to give the 39-1 a thorough read.

The Class A and Class B uniforms are designated in Table 1, and further defined in Chapter 4.
Quote from: SarDragon on July 14, 2014, 03:31:26 AM
You've got two things here - the activity, and the level of wear. You only wear your CAP uniform to CAP activities, unless otherwise approved by higher authority, usually the unit commander. The level of wear is determined by how formal the event is - dress, service, or working.
Thanks!