Main Menu

Encampment mornings

Started by Frank_mil, June 25, 2014, 06:00:53 AM

Frank_mil

So I'm leaving for encampment soon and I was wondering how much time we (cadets) have time to get ready in the morning? I'm asking this because I'm going into my senior year of high school so I have to shave in the morning. I only need about 5-8 minutes to shave. Any help or advice? Thanks

AlphaSigOU

You will be probably given time in the morning to take care of your morning routine; otherwise, you may need to shift your shaving to evening personal time. It's going to depend on the training schedule.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Slim

Hard to say without knowing which wing encampment you're going to.

For example, I know for a fact that cadets attending this year's Michigan Wing encampment will have 30 minutes between PT and breakfast for personal time, morning rituals, and to change into uniform.

Slim

blackbrandt

On the other hand, Florida Summer Encampment of 2013 (Foxtrot flight) had about 5 minutes from "HIT YOUR RACK!!!" to "OUT THE DOOR!!!"...,  :p
C/MSgt Matt Fletcher

RALEIGH WAKE!!

68w20

Quote from: blackbrandt on June 26, 2014, 11:03:11 AM
On the other hand, Florida Summer Encampment of 2013 (Foxtrot flight) had about 5 minutes from "HIT YOUR RACK!!!" to "OUT THE DOOR!!!"...,  :p

Did Foxtrot Flight also have a high incidence of crotch rot and razor burn?

blackbrandt

I believe so.  We also put the "fun" in "dysfunctional".  :p
C/MSgt Matt Fletcher

RALEIGH WAKE!!

tht1gurlflightsarg

You basically have 10 seconds from when you wake up to PT. But they give you about 15 minutes after PT to do stuff like that and get dressed.
Eat your veggies. drink your milk. dont do drugs. look both ways before crossing.

Have a nice day.

SarDragon

Quote from: tht1gurlflightsarg on June 29, 2014, 07:26:02 PM
You basically have 10 seconds from when you wake up to PT. But they give you about 15 minutes after PT to do stuff like that and get dressed.

That depends entirely on which encampment he goes to, which may not be one in your wing.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

LSThiker

Ugh.

Eclipse

Quote from: SarDragon on June 30, 2014, 04:32:48 AM

That depends entirely on which encampment he goes to, which may not be one in your wing.

+1 - The new rules may also change things since personal and hygiene time are now required.

"That Others May Zoom"

Garibaldi

One dark encampment morning, 1983 or 84, we were patiently waiting for the PT instructors to grace us with their presence. I was drifting away, in my own head, when all of a sudden...

*SMACK*

Followed not five seconds later by

*SMACK* *SMACK* SMACK*

Four cadets had fallen asleep on their feet. One knocked out his front teeth. All of them had scrapes on their faces.

The instructors were on time the rest of the week.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Eclipse

Wow - can't imagine telling mom she's got to do an emergency dental appointment.

We had the opposite problem - early blood sugar before breakfast - PT right out of bed
and one cadet buckled hard.

PT was moved to other times in the day after that.

"That Others May Zoom"

LegoXman7

I 'almost' forgot my CAP cutouts on my first day to the standard meeting. Not nearly as bad as the other replies, but for me that was terrible!

And I forgot my white polo on a different day...
C/MSgt JAY NULPH, Jr, CAP
Fl-116 Cadet First Sergeant

Salty

I don't remember these early morning rushes from the two encampments I attended as a cadet.  We had time requirements but it never felt rushed to me.
CAP Cadet 1989-1994
CAP Senior Member 1994-1995, 2011-current
USAF Aeromedical Technician 1994-1998

Heavy Flying Guy

Man, you people are just ruining the surprise. The less you know...
"We...are the CAP! We'll always save the day! And if you think we can't, we'll always find a way!"

MajorM

The less prepared you are... If the goal of encampment is to provide quality training then theoretically you want your students as prepared as possible.  If the point of encampment is to be amused by people's reaction to stress and stupid people tricks then a lack of info is critical.

All depends on the mission...