Army Staff ID badge

Started by UH60guy, June 10, 2014, 05:46:25 PM

UH60guy

Quick question. CAPM 39-1 table 6-5 lists authorized badges, and states "Before wearing any badge not listed in Table 6-5, contact National Headquarters/LMM for clarification." The implied task there is ask your chain of command first. But, as I've only recently been sentenced assigned to the Pentagon, I haven't hooked up with a local squadron yet. Therefore, you all get the dubious honor of setting me straight.

Table 6-5 lists the OSD, Joint Chiefs, POTUS, and VPOTUS service ID badges. The Army Staff ID badge is a similar device, worn in a similar way, but not included in the table. Before I sally forth and ask NHQ if it is authorized, does anyone else know if this question has been asked and answered before?
Maj Ken Ward
VAWG Internal AEO

lordmonar

No.....not subject to local interpretation....only NHQ has the authority to make the call.  You may go VFR direct to them.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

UH60guy

Right, I got that about no local interpretation- more a question if anyone knows if it's been asked and approved/denied before.
Maj Ken Ward
VAWG Internal AEO

GroundHawg

Quote from: UH60guy on June 10, 2014, 08:52:40 PM
Right, I got that about no local interpretation- more a question if anyone knows if it's been asked and approved/denied before.

Honestly, I doubt it. I would use the search feature in the knowledgebase, and if you are still a no go, send yours in. I know now that AFI 36-2903 has changed to allow the wear of almost every badge from every service, most everything is good to go on the CAP uniform.

James Shaw

I have seen it worn by several other members in the last couple of years. Don't know if they were authorized but they were worn at a Region Conference.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

SARDOC

Quote from: capsafety on June 10, 2014, 09:40:57 PM
I have seen it worn by several other members in the last couple of years. Don't know if they were authorized but they were worn at a Region Conference.

I've had the same experience.

Devil Doc

Quote from: GroundHawg on June 10, 2014, 09:18:21 PM

Honestly, I doubt it. I would use the search feature in the knowledgebase, and if you are still a no go, send yours in. I know now that AFI 36-2903 has changed to allow the wear of almost every badge from every service, most everything is good to go on the CAP uniform.

So this AFI 36-2903, does this include Navy Warefare Devices per Chance?
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Shuman 14

Quote from: Devil Doc on June 12, 2014, 11:27:51 AM
Quote from: GroundHawg on June 10, 2014, 09:18:21 PM

So this AFI 36-2903, does this include Navy Warefare Devices per Chance?

The way I read it, every badge, from every Service is now authorized for wear on the USAF uniform.

So I would say yes your Naval Warfare Badge/s are now authorized.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Devil Doc

Can I get an AMEN!!

Now, will the powers to be verify this please?
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

lordmonar

Quote from: Devil Doc on June 12, 2014, 01:18:30 PM
Can I get an AMEN!!

Rumor has it....the new 39-1 is ready for release....my guess is KB is holding all advice on uniform issues until it goes public.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

James Shaw

Quote from: lordmonar on June 12, 2014, 02:20:44 PM
Can I get an AMEN!!

Rumor has it....the new 39-1 is ready for release....my guess is KB is holding all advice on uniform issues until it goes public.

Maybe they are going to wait and release it on Friday the 13th.  >:D >:D >:D
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

GroundHawg

Can I get an AMEN!!

You are by the current regulations good to go. IF the new 39-1 does not change the wording, you (And I for that matter) will be cleared to wear our badges that were formally a no go item. The changes are listed plain as day in the new AFI. There is a nifty little table at the bottom that clearly shows that your FMF Badge is now authorized on the USAF uniform, and thus, would be authorized for wear on the CAP uniform.

When you get that custom done in white on ultramarine blue, post a pic!

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/afi36-2903.pdf

The14th

I don't think I ever saw this badge when I was actually in the Army.

Hawk200

Quote from: The14th on June 14, 2014, 02:31:18 AM
I don't think I ever saw this badge when I was actually in the Army.

Unless you worked the Pentagon or something closely related (?) you probably wouldn't have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Staff_Identification_Badge  (Seems fairly accurate, since it's meant as informative rather than regulatory, I would make certain I checked Army reg before wear.)