ROTC Ribbons Required?

Started by Archer, February 13, 2014, 12:17:02 AM

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: MHC5096 on February 13, 2014, 02:10:00 PM
I was awarded an NJROTC Meritorious Acheivement Award at the end of my junior year for being instrumental in setting up a new unit at another high school. I think I saw a total of 4 of them the entire 4 years I was in the program. Fun times.

The worst thing about the Army JROTC ribbons was the color combinations...

Purple, green and grey?

Brown, orange, green and grey?

Yellow, orange and green?

:o :o

I don't know what happened to them. I was in AJROTC in 1969-1971, earned 4 ribbons and that was a lot. The most I ever saw on anyone was 6.

Colors were all different. Other than "DA Superior Cadet" the ribbons were all selected locally from the Wolf-Brown generic chart.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

aviator9417

JROTC gives ribbons out like candy.  For the two years I was dual CAP/JROTC cadet I had 5 rows of JROTC ribbons and 2 rows for CAP ribbons.
Assistant Information Technology Officer
Chino Cadet Squadron 20
California Wing, Group 3
sq20.cawgcap.org

a2capt

Quote from: aviator9417 on March 18, 2014, 08:44:12 PMJROTC gives ribbons out like candy.
..and some say we have too many. ;)

The CyBorg is destroyed

We had dual-status CAP/JROTC cadets in my first unit.

They could wear ALL their ribbons from both organisations.

A couple of them had more ribbons than Colin Powell and Stormin' Norman Schwarzkopf combined...and they were not kept in the best of shape (dirty, frayed, etc).
Exiled from GLR-MI-011