SM 2nd Lt Grey Epaulets needed.

Started by pilot2008, January 31, 2014, 09:22:34 PM

pilot2008

Hello,

I'm a member in the TX413 Nighthawks squadron and I'm trying to get the grey epaulets for the aviator shirt uniform. I ordered them through Vandguardmil, but they've been on back order going on a month. I keep hearing from their customer service that the epaulets will be in stock in a week...and its now been three weeks. Does anybody have the SM 2nd Lt epaulets they would be willing to part with? Or, can someone point me in the direction of another supplier? I've been checking Ebay, but no joy. Thanks!

rmutchler

Have you checked around your squadron or with other local squadrons.  We typically trade uniform items locally and keep a box of odds and ends when people get promoted, etc.

pilot2008

I've asked a couple of guys in my squadron, but they didn't have theirs. I'll ask around again. I might mention it towards the end of our next meeting. I do find it odd that there's only one supplier for these items.

rmutchler

Unfortunately, there is only one official supplier.

Check with your Logistics or Supply officer and see if they have them in stock.  Like I said, we usually trade/donate our old epaulets when we promote.  If I need a ribbon, I will usually order a few extra and donate to the squadron.  It beats buying a ribbon for $1.10 and paying $6 in shipping.

Worst case, check the marketplace forum here for used gear.

Ron Mutchler, Capt, CAP
Commander - Des Moines Senior Squadron

rmutchler

ProdigalJim

Quote from: pilot2008 on January 31, 2014, 09:22:34 PM
Hello,

I'm a member in the TX413 Nighthawks squadron and I'm trying to get the grey epaulets for the aviator shirt uniform. I ordered them through Vandguardmil, but they've been on back order going on a month. I keep hearing from their customer service that the epaulets will be in stock in a week...and its now been three weeks. Does anybody have the SM 2nd Lt epaulets they would be willing to part with? Or, can someone point me in the direction of another supplier? I've been checking Ebay, but no joy. Thanks!

If you still want them, PM me your address and I'll send you a pair. I have a few. No charge, just "pay it forward," as they say...
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...