Minnesota Wing Encampment training

Started by James92, October 13, 2013, 12:27:03 PM

James92

I found these pictures of the 2013 Minnesota Wing Encampment. I've found some interesting photos for day three. What kind of training are they doing? It looks like infantry tactics.

http://www.cadetleadership.org/photo-gallery/category/10-encampment-day-3?start=100

http://www.cadetleadership.org/photo-gallery/10-encampment-day-3/detail/2140-day-3-encampment-2013?tmpl=component

ol'fido

That was a quick suspension. However, I did cull a couple of organizational ideas off the MN encampment website that I am going to use for IL next year.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

avguy

Will Craig, Maj, CAP
CC
NCR-MN-042

Pylon

Quote from: ol'fido on October 13, 2013, 02:28:52 PM
That was a quick suspension.

That's what happens when you make 4 or 5 user accounts in the same month, and then respond to your own threads.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

MajorM

That was the IED lane that the cadets did.  Find the photos of the second year cadets doing night ops... That was pretty sweet.  That's what happens when you have an Army NCO on the staff and a guy from Naval Special Warfare on orders supporting the encampment.

CAP-RAPs are cool... Special Warfare guys are cooler :)

And before anyone asks how a guy from NSW was given orders to support an encampment, just know that there is absolutely no way that anyone can recreate the story and sequence of events that lead to that unique occurrence.

SarDragon

Quote from: MajorM on October 27, 2013, 10:16:11 PM
That was the IED lane that the cadets did.  Find the photos of the second year cadets doing night ops... That was pretty sweet.  That's what happens when you have an Army NCO on the staff and a guy from Naval Special Warfare on orders supporting the encampment.

CAP-RAPs are cool... Special Warfare guys are cooler :)

And before anyone asks how a guy from NSW was given orders to support an encampment, just know that there is absolutely no way that anyone can recreate the story and sequence of events that lead to that unique occurrence.

It's not so hard. All you need is a sympathetic CO, and a set of permissive TAD orders is easy to wangle. I did it when I was in Japan to support an encampment.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Slim

Or how a simple phone call to the superintendent of training at Lackland can result in two StanBoard MTIs showing up at your summer encampment.

Slim