need advice on a situation

Started by Chatterbox, August 07, 2013, 01:07:33 PM

Chatterbox

Quote from: jeders on August 08, 2013, 09:40:26 PM
Quote from: Patterson on August 08, 2013, 09:37:31 PM
I think everyone missed a huge aspect of the story presented.  The Cadet in question "was a Flight Commander for some time". It's obvious that something has taken place to find this cadet replaced in that duty, and offered a "parting gift" staff job in a politically correct type way.

Cadets move up or lateral in terms of staff positions or duty assignments.  This was clearly a move down and away from any command assignment!

Actually we didn't, it's already been brought up and explained several times.
Just to clarify, the Flight Commander was a temp assignment while the actual Flight commander was out

Storm Chaser

I agree with the whole timing thing. When I was a cadet, I wanted to be First Sergeant, but the timing was not right and I promoted to C/FO before getting the opportunity. In retrospect, it wasn't that big of deal. I held many other positions such as Flight Commander, Operations Officer, Administrative Officer, Executive Officer, Safety Officer and Cadet Commander.

There were plenty of opportunities for me and there will be for your son. A door may have closed, but many others will open. How he deals with this may determine how many will open and whether he will go through one or more of them or not.