FLWG Staff Selection?

Started by cadetesman, June 10, 2013, 02:17:47 PM

cadetesman

Hello all, first off, for all interested, I am revising my Armstrong essay today, and it will be uploaded either today or tomorrow...

Next, does anyone have any idea as to when FLWG encampment staff selection will occur?
Normally I wouldn't be worried, but I just want to know when it may be, as I have to take off time from work, and I'd rather put in for that earlier than later.

Thanks to all!

Peeka

If you are talking about summer encampment, FLWG stopped accepting staff applications on 7 June. So I'm guessing they are in the process of staff selection right now.

Honor Guardsman

He is asking about when the staff applications are being announced.

Peeka

^^ I would like to know that too if anybody knows.

a2capt

I'll go out on a limb here..

.. since it would certainly behoove them to notify those selected so they could prepare for the role, make a final decision, etc. ..

That they'll notify you all .. at the earliest time.

In reading their page, they're stating that Cadet Staff must have earned the Wright Brothers Award by 15-June, and the Cadet Staff application function is still working. However, the text reads that the deadline for applications is 7-June.

Furthermore, it also says that all applications will be evaluated after the deadline, which gives everyone an equal chance.

They need a few days. Give them time. They'll inform you when they're ready.

BillB

For a month or so, FLWG has a position vacancy listed for Wing Director of Cadet Programs. If this was filled, it may take a little longer to do the encampment staff applications than normal. Thewre has been no information posted if the position was filled or the prior DCP is remaining to work on encampment staffing.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

JoeTomasone

Quote from: BillB on June 13, 2013, 09:12:16 AM
For a month or so, FLWG has a position vacancy listed for Wing Director of Cadet Programs. If this was filled, it may take a little longer to do the encampment staff applications than normal. Thewre has been no information posted if the position was filled or the prior DCP is remaining to work on encampment staffing.

The position has been filled.  The website has not been updated, apparently.

BillB

Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Woodsy

Quote from: BillB on June 15, 2013, 10:41:56 AM
So who is DCP?

Maj. Justin McElvaney took over several months ago.  He has been a member of the wing CP staff for years. 

His predecessor, Lt. Col. Margarita Mesones will still remain involved at the wing level as "Special Projects Officer" and an adviser.  I'm sure she'll still be around major cadet functions as much as always.

Peeka

Today, the selections for FLWG summer encampment cadet staff were announced.  :clap: