Main Menu

Shoulder cords

Started by NJcadet, January 07, 2013, 09:08:43 PM

NJcadet

Hello all,
Simply, which shoulder cords mean what? It sounds like a stupid question but I'm not sure. I am lead to believe that it can vary from wing to wing but I know white is for color guard, silver for honor guard, red for CAC and blue/white for RCLS (?) in NJWG at least.
Are there any other colors in use?
Thanks,
C/SSgt Roberts

Eclipse

The only Nationally approved cords are:

CAC (primary only) -

Green - Unit / Group
Red - Wing
Blue - Region
Gold - National

NCC Color Guard Team - white

Honor Guard - Silver

Anything else is the policy / program of lower echelons, and you'd have to check with them.

"That Others May Zoom"

Pylon

The reason the colors vary (other than the national ones that Eclipse listed above) is because a Wing Commander is authorized to approve wear of any other color shoulder cords for any reason within his or her command.  So for example, the Wing Commander in one state could approve blue & white shoulder cords for the Recorder of the Wing CAC while the Wing Commanders of other Wings could approve that same color for academic achievement, encampment staff, RCLS graduates, Cadet Commanders, or anything else.  The only colors which will remain consistent from wing-to-wing will be the national ones.

If certain colors are approved in your Wing, it should be listed in a letter of authorization from the Wing Commander or an approved wing supplement to CAPM 39-1.  But there's no requirement (even though it makes good practice) to publish those authorizations on the web to make them readily accessible.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Pylon on January 07, 2013, 09:24:47 PM
If certain colors are approved in your Wing, it should be listed in a letter of authorization from the Wing Commander or an approved wing supplement to CAPM 39-1.  But there's no requirement (even though it makes good practice) to publish those authorizations on the web to make them readily accessible.

Agreed, sir.  One thing I've learnt is that if it isn't on paper, it doesn't exist.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011