Do all CAP members wear uniforms

Started by jayrichard, December 05, 2012, 02:18:31 AM

jayrichard

I'm doing some research and I'm thinking of joining CAP. I'm a recently separated Airman (E-3) and I'm wondering do all members besides the cadets wear uniforms? If so which ones?

AngelWings

Everyone does. Cadets wear the BDU's, Blues, Semi-formal and flightsuit under certain provisions. Senior Members (which you'd be) wear the same uniforms except for the fact they are authorized Mess Dress and wear the flightsuit much more commonly. They also have CAP distinctive uniforms, like the BlueDU's, Grey and White combo, and Blue Flightsuit.

MIKE

Just based off the thread title... I would say no, not all senior members wear uniforms... but they are supposed to (with a few category of membership related exceptions).
Mike Johnston

jayrichard

Thanks for the information.  I read that there is a standard that you must keep in order to wear a certain uniform.  If that is so do you just wear civilian clothes or do you wear another type of CAP uniform?

MIKE

There are weight and grooming standards to wear the USAF "style" uniform.  Read that as USAF uniform with distinctive insignia (BDU, service uniform, etc).  If you do not meet weight and grooming, or simply do not wish to wear the USAF style uniform... there are equivalent "CAP distinctive" uniforms for these members.
Mike Johnston

jayrichard

Thank you so much mike! You were extremely helpful!

Eclipse

You wear another type.

There are two choices, the USAF-Style uniforms which include blues, woodland BDUs, and green flight suits, for which you must maintain certain weight and
grooming similar to the active military, and "distinctive" combinations, which are similar but with different colors and rules about certain insignia.

For nearly any duty or activity of actual consequence, a uniform of some type or another is required.  Generally anything involving an aircraft or other CAP-Owned vehicle(s), cadets, emergency services, or anything public-facing. Which uniform to wear is generally less prescriptive then the military.

"That Others May Zoom"

Private Investigator

It also varies with the Unit, Senior, Composite or Cadet. Visit three local Squadrons, if possible, and see what is the best fit for you and what you want to do.

Welcome aboard

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787