recommend an award

Started by C/2d Lt, August 29, 2012, 03:51:47 PM

C/2d Lt

During the New York State Fair a senior member of our squadron stopped a man who was having some issues. After getting the man a chair the Lt. informed me to go and get a donut or the man. (I was under the impression the man was having a sugar attack and was a diabetic) Taking the mans pulse and things of that nature Lt informed the paramedics that the man was in distress and in need of more help. (the Lt is a fire fighter and parametric however at that moment working at the NYSF at our squadrons booth).  As it turned out the man was having a heart attack. If Lt hand not stopped him something really bad could have happened. I would like to recommend Lt. for an award however I don't know what one to recommend.  Could someone please help me or point me in the right direction for a CAP award.   
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

Kansas Wing Winter Encampment ES Flight-2012       *GTM3, MRO, UDF, FLM, MSA
New York Wing Encampment-
              2012- Golf Flight Inflight
              2013- Charlie Flight Commander- Honor Flight for the Encampment
              2014- Squadron 2 Commander

spacecommand

Fill out a CAPF 120 "RECOMMENDATION FOR DECORATION"

http://www.capmembers.com/forms_publications__regulations/forms/

Most likely a recommendation for the "CERTIFICATE  OF RECOGNITION FOR LIFE SAVING"

Be as detailed and specific as possible.  When complete, send the request up the chain starting with your unit commander.

MSG Mac

When you write the citation be concise use verbs, not adjectives. Have somebody read it for clarity, spelling, and grammar. Follow up on the award. It shouldn't take more than 30 days for approval.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SARDOC

Quote from: MSG Mac on August 30, 2012, 01:59:26 AM
When you write the citation be concise use verbs, not adjectives. Have somebody read it for clarity, spelling, and grammar. Follow up on the award. It shouldn't take more than 30 days for approval.

This might help as well

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/P039_003_F66823F4021E0.pdf